Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WinMX has stopped working for me. Is it because...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinMX has stopped working for me. Is it because...

...of Sinking Pirates? Has there been a block on this software now?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Try the AllOfMP3 Explorer... never has failed me and it's fast. You also get to choose the file format and the encoding quality...

ofc, it has a small price

Comment

I gave up on WinMX a couple of months ago, petty 'cause I really like it but in the end it turned to ****.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Actually, I found it it was because I've changed my connection to a router which has a built-in firewall. I simply had to reinstall it but there's still something wrong. I've only managed to doiwnload one file since. I've tried several goes at other files and it can't seem to connect to the other computer.
        Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
        Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

yeah when you go through a router it makes life harder but it's still useable. i think winmx is pretty decent today, certainly better than it was a couple of years ago.
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa
            Try the AllOfMP3 Explorer... never has failed me and it's fast. You also get to choose the file format and the encoding quality...

ofc, it has a small price
            A price that's too low to cover all the copyright fees. With AllofMP3, you're basically paying for illegally acquired music.

Comment

That's not true:

The legal status of Allofmp3

Russian copyright legislation allows phonograms to be performed publicly without the authorization of the copyright owner for broadcasting and cable transmission. (Article 39) The Internet could be deemed to fall under this exemption. The copyrights involved have to be paid to a collecting society. This is the 'loophole' that is referred to in several articles on Allofmp3.

An English translation of the Russian copyright legislation can be found at www.copyrighter.ru

Allofmp3 has signed agreements for this with Russian Organization for Multimedia & Digital Systems (ROMS). According to license № ЛС-ЗМ-02-36 the Internet-project www.allofmp3.com, has the right to use musical compositions by providing downloads. Under the license agreement Allofmp3 pays out fees to ROMS for downloaded materials that are subject to the Russian Federation Copyright And Related Rights Law.

ROMS is a member of CISAC (www.cisac.org) - the International confederation of authors and composers societies. ROMS manages intellectual rights in the Russian Federation. All third party distributors licensed by ROMS are required to pay a portion of the revenue to the ROMS. ROMS in turn, is obligated to pay most of that money (aside from small portion it needs for operating expenses) to artists. Both Russian and foreign.

We have received this confirmation from ROMS:

I can confirm the legality of allofmp3.com You can legally buy/download mp3-songs from this site if it does not breaks the law the national legislation of the country in which you will be during that moment Sorry for my english.
              Yours faithfully, the assistant to the lawyer of the Russian society on multimedia and to digital networks (ROMS) www.roms.ru.

Bahanets Roman Igorevich

Source: http://www.museekster.com/allofmp3faq.htm
              The music industry shut up on it, because it knew, in this hopeless battle, they would just make publicity for the site.

And if you read on further on the source link, you'll notice that it should well be legal to buy music through allofmp3.

Comment

Bogus files are starting to crop up, supplied by RIAA.

Watch for seemingly bountiless availability, excess amount of "T" connections, and User repetition.

Rock'N Blues Country_2FC7A4431A2A
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                X