Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We'll need muchos hot sauce, collard greens for this one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used to watch people do it.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
      I seriously doubt that a catfish grows to that size, genetics and all that.
      Well, you're wrong. Catfish are known to grow to incredible sizes.

While it's in the realm of legend, many divers working in the Mississippi River have reported seeing catfish the size of Volkswagons.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

this one is true...it has been in the papers and several internet site news thingies...that i all almost completely trust a little bit...
        Bunnies!
        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I seriously doubt that a catfish grows to that size, genetics and all that.
          You are mistaken about a great many things.

"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Since all the articles link back to the same original source, I await further verifications.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Catfish are dangerous mother****ers. I catch them and I cut the line.

This one, well, explains the shrinking population of water buffalo.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Since all the articles link back to the same original source, I await further verifications.

Skepticism in some things is fine, but you take it to the point of stubborness.

Explore National Geographic. A world leader in geography, cartography and exploration.

Explore National Geographic. A world leader in geography, cartography and exploration.

Going to accuse National Geographic of using faked photos as well?
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Why are catfish dangerous?

Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                  Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                  *****Citizen of the Hive****
                  "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

they're coming to get us

Comment

I'd never go noodling for catfish. Catfish live in the same waters as alligator snapping turtles, and you definately don't want one of those suckers biting your fingers.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

This is a species of catfish that we're talking about. Not just one. They are harvested regularlyby the people of the Mekong River. (which is one reason why they're nearing extinction.) Sure, there might be only one original source on this particular catch, but you said you doubted in general that catfish can grow to that size, when there's an entire species like it.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                          I'd never go noodling for catfish. Catfish live in the same waters as alligator snapping turtles, and you definately don't want one of those suckers biting your fingers.
                          Alligator snapping turtles are actually not as aggressive as the common snapping turtle. Of course, they are larger, and either way I don't plan on sticking my hands into any places they might be hiding in.

Dumb rednecks

Comment

Oh, I should add that there are other species of giant catfish as well, although none are quite as big.

Comment

Catfish will fin your finger nearly off, that's why.
                              And this one would take an arm.

Shouldn't have told you. Let it be a surprise.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
                                Why are catfish dangerous?

Bullheads and Channel cats (the two smallest and most commonly caught catfish in America) have poisonous barbs at the tips of their pectoral fins. The poison isn't strong enough to do anything but cause pain in a human, but stings do hurt like hell. As such, you have to be careful when handling a landed catfish. Even so, I wouldn't call catfish dangerous. Sloww is just a woman...
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X