Tactless Mexicans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactless Mexicans!

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (AP) -- The Mexican government has issued a postage stamp depicting an exaggerated black cartoon character known as Memin Pinguin, just weeks after remarks by President Vicente Fox angered U.S. blacks.
    In May, Fox riled many by saying that Mexican migrants take jobs in the United States that "not even blacks" want.
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americ....ap/index.html

Keep digging that hole deeper, Vincente!

Memin Pinguin?

I'd like some more info on the character before I condemn.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

It's Vicente, and I doubt any country's Prez much bothers with details like which stamps are soon coming down the pike from your friends at the national post office.

One thing nice about Mexico is they don't do PC crap.

I'd rather see a Stepin Fechit and Amos n Andy set though.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Vicente Fox
        B♭3

Comment

I've heard that Mississippi and Alabama are thinking of switching over to the Mexican postal service.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Maybe we could switch more than that. Don't you think the US flag looked better with 48 stars?
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I think Mexico may reject them .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                I think Mexico may reject them .
                Fox next statement: "The US has states that not even Mexico wants"

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                  Maybe we could switch more than that. Don't you think the US flag looked better with 48 stars?
                  I agree. Nuking Mississippi and Alabama

Comment

Publisher Manelick De la Parra told the government news agency Notimex that the character would be sort of a goodwill ambassador on Mexican letters and postcards. "It seems nice if Memin can travel all over the world, spreading good news," de la Parra said, calling him "so charming, so affectionate, so wonderful, generous and friendly."
                    *smirk*
                    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Here's some more stamps.

Anyway, while in US this would be a very appalling action if USPS was to do this. But this is Mexico. I say leave them alone. Racial socio-political dynamics are different over there than it is here. Why mettle in their internal affairs?

That comment by Fox a while ago was an explict reference to African-Americans therefore open to criticism but those stamps are strictly internal and refers to their own perception of blacks la a Mexican experience.
                      Attached Files
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

$6.50 for a postage stamp
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                          $6.50 for a postage stamp
                          Dude, you have a Memin Pinguin avatar!

Comment

I am truly disgusted about the racism of brown people towards black people. As a white person, I do think inferior races will forever lack power, because they can't unite. Yellow people are an exception, because there's so much of them. But we beat the **** out of them too.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                              I am truly disgusted about the racism of brown people towards black people. As a white person, I do think inferior races will forever lack power, because they can't unite. Yellow people are an exception, because there's so much of them. But we beat the **** out of them too.

Funny thing, ever since moving to the real world Ive found that nobody likes black people. ****** is used all the time in public, even around black people.

Even funnier thing, Ive yet to meet a black person down here that I wouldnt call a ******.

Comment

Working...
                              X