Life as a graduate student

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life as a graduate student

Came back to the physics building at 10:30 at night to check that my program was running properly. Was horribly impressed to realise that my estimate of the time it would take to complete its run was within 3 minutes over a 5 hour period (I actually sat down, unlocked the display and watched it finish before my eyes)

Reset it to do twice as much overnight.

They don't pay me enough to worry this much about crap like this.

Then again, I'll probably get a paper out of this, so what the hell.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

I drive down to Springfield, Illinois again, as I do almost every week to do more research for my thesis paper.

w00t!!
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

If I get in the graduate program of my choice I'd get to commute approx 1.5 hours of SoCal traffic every way at least twice a week in rush hour and work at same time.

Oh the joy!
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Barinthus,

Which school? (Or if it's personal, that's cool).
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Nah not personal - CSUN. Sure hope I don't bump into Fez
          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

I'm sick and tired of it.
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Barinthus
              Nah not personal - CSUN. Sure hope I don't bump into Fez
              I swear that I've seen him somewhere. I can't remember where but he was getting out of the car, and was with a few friends.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I've lived in the area (Granada Hills) for nearly 2 years and even frequented same places yet haven't seen him.
                Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Where are you KrazyHorse?
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

He's at Johns Hopkins.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Thanx.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X