Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Degrees of Separation

Well... Just for fun-

I'm sure everyone here has heard at some time that everyone in the world is linked together by 6 degrees. Just for fun, how about we see how well us Apolytoners are linked by tracing our lines through famous people.

Please only count famous people you have say- exchanged more than a few words with, rather than just 'could you please sign this baseball...' 'or it's a pleasure to meet you, mr. governor.'

Here's what I have:

*President of the USA: George Bush Jr. (2 degrees)
    *President of the USA: John F. Kennedy (2 degrees)
    *King of Saudi Arabia: (3 degrees- 'through one of the princes... or through george bush, either way works.')
    *Don Henley of the Eagles [they're a rock band] (2 degrees)

Well, that's as good as I can do off the top of my head right now... how about you?
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Bill Clinton: 2 degrees
    Lots of other famous World politicians: also 2 degrees
    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
    And notifying the next of kin
    Once again...

Comment

-have a relative in politics?

my contact's in oil

Sadly- despite many years of labour in Norway, he missed out on meeting the King of Norway so I cannot claim him as a 2 degree contact.

(We're probably linked through about 5 degrees then.)
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

My sister shook hands with Bush, and a guy in my Dad's lawfirm (whom I know personally) was a counsel for Cheney. Through the two degrees of separation with Bush, I have three degrees with most other politicians, I assume.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I can get to Tony Blair in one step via John Prescott who would link to Bush so I am linking to some of you lot pretty quickly
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I'm two degrees away from the majority of the federal government, since my dad works with Bob Dole and Tom Daschle.

Comment

Tom Daschle? What's an important man like your dad doing working with Tom Daschle?
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

His dad was gloating about how many bathrooms his house had in comparison
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                  Tom Daschle? What's an important man like your dad doing working with Tom Daschle?

My dad had to do some work for the firm's lobbying ( :vomit: ) division.

Comment

Ah, well if you're a lobbyist, then you go to Daschle. That makes sense.

Comment

Seems like all of us are linked within 5 degrees- I guess it's the famous politicians who explain the linkages...

I guess that last 6th degree is just to catch the 0.000001% of the world who is so isolated that they don't know any peple who know any people who know any people who know any people who know any politicians.
                      -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                        Seems like all of us are linked within 5 degrees- I guess it's the famous politicians who explain the linkages...

I guess that last 6th degree is just to catch the 0.000001% of the world who is so isolated that they don't know any peple who know any people who know any people who know any people who know any politicians.
                        probably-- I had dinner with Brian Tobin who is a former Canadian cabinet minister. That gets me to the current and past prime minister of Canada which gets me at 3 degrees to Bush, Bush, Clinton and every G-8 leader for the past what 15 years at a minimum.

Then add in 1 degree folks who have LIVED in Pakistan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, Kazikstan,Kuwait, Qatar.

I bet that if I checked it out, I have personally met with people that , between them, have visited every country on the planet with a population of in excess of a million. ( if you think this is tough, you may be right but remember my job is in FRONTIER oil and gas so some of those out of the way African countries you may be thinking of are caught pretty quickly-- a buddy of mine worked Africa for 20 years and just today I was talking to someone that just got back from Angola)
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Ah, so you worked not with a big oil firm but one of the small consulting ones?

My relative worked MEPTEC (exploration and technology) with Mobil Oil.
                          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Met and shook hands with B Clinton 3 times. 2 times while he was governor and 1 time while he was president.

Met Hillary Clinton once

Met and shook hands with Bush Sr. 1 time

2 degrees separted from Bush Jr. either through Clinton or Bush Sr.

2 degrees separted from Britiney Spears through an ex girlfriend who knows the family in Louisana.
                            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Crap how did I leave out Metallica. Attended an after concert party in Nashville because my friend was a member of the fan club and we worked before the concert handing out Metallic stuff.
                              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Working...
                              X