Browser configurations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browser configurations

The IE7 thread and people's complaints about user interfaces got me thinking -- what have you guys done to your browser interface to make it your own?

This is my work Firefox config (June 26th 1.1 build).
    Attached Files
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Not much. I've only removed the google search bar (using Firefox) then it's perfect*

*Well, except for the fact that all skins looks ugly, but the default skin is the least ugly
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I dropped my navigation bar alltogether (still need that Gmail extension that loads on your status bar (back/forward/home/reload)).
      No printer-shortcut etc..

As simple as possible.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Now its getting psychedelic! I use a new brushed-metal look. Not sure I like it yet. I also use the weather extension, the paste-quote extension, the IE view extension and the noscript extension. But the noscript extension is getting on my nerves...
        Attached Files
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Best browser on Earth!
          Attached Files
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

Asher,

How did you get that CBC (at least it looks like the CBC logo) news feed on the bottom of your browser?

Also, how did you get the weather in a tab like that?

Comment

The weather extension for Firefox
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
                Asher,

How did you get that CBC (at least it looks like the CBC logo) news feed on the bottom of your browser?

Also, how did you get the weather in a tab like that?
                The thing at the bottom is an extension called "inforss": http://inforss.mozdev.org/

It reads in any RSS feed and either fades each update in/out, or scrolls them across the screen. Clicking on the link opens it in a new background tab (or foreground if you want).

It also differenciates between read/not-read and old/new items if you want (different back/foreground colors, fonts, bold/italics/etc).

I've got a CBC Top Stories feed, CBC Toronto feed, News.com top stories feed, and CNN.com top stories feed.

The weather thing up at the top is just ForecastFox: http://forecastfox.mozdev.org/

In the options you can specify where to place it. I put it on the navigation bar.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

A new news item looks like this.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nothing, basically
                    Attached Files
                    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Ingrid understood I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles

Comment

Arguably the best browser on Earth!
                        Corrected. Otoh, its definitely the most expensive one. No one will argue with that.

Comment

Re: Browser configurations

Originally posted by Asher
                          The IE7 thread and people's complaints about user interfaces got me thinking -- what have you guys done to your browser interface to make it your own?

This is my work Firefox config (June 26th 1.1 build).
                          I have to admit that I "stole" this "location and search bar next to the main menus" from one of your screenshots some (long) time ago

Now please don't sue me

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo

Corrected. Otoh, its definitely the most expensive one. No one will argue with that.
                            Well, quality comes with a price
                            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                            And notifying the next of kin
                            Once again...

Comment

(note: I don't have a search bar since Maxthon's search bar is integrated into the address bar.)
                              Attached Files
                              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
                              X