"You're young still. You'll fill out when you get older."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You're young still. You'll fill out when you get older."

Is that true? How much longer do I have to wait!?

Will my metabolism actually slow down in a few years or is that just more BS spread around and accepted by the general population?

And further more why is it that Im told I have a high metabolism but I have fat on my body and I cant build muscle!

Comment

eat more protein... Hell, I don't know. I lost my metabolism after college... It's sucks
      Monkey!!!

Comment

post a pic so we see what you're talking about.

Comment

It should slow down, but there's no guarantee. Mine didn't really slow down much before I was 25 or so.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I've always had a low metabolism, BTW.

Comment

When it slows down you just get more fat.

Exercise now.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Well I've never been fat and never really put on much weight no matter how much I've eaten, but I still think I've always had a low metabolism, because I've always eaten so little. Better now.

Comment

I thought the 10lbs I lost when I started my job was water weight, but Ive weighed myself every week since Ive started and I still weigh 145lbs. I worked my ass off eating to get up to 155, and I cant affored to eat like I did before. This sucketh major asseth. I dont want to wait!

Comment

Re: "You're young still. You'll fill out when you get older."

Originally posted by Space05us
                    Is that true? How much longer do I have to wait!?

Will my metabolism actually slow down in a few years or is that just more BS spread around and accepted by the general population?
                    I never did - my metabolism isn't fast - and I'm 36.

I can still wear the pants I was wearing in high-school, not that I have any left though.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                      And further more why is it that Im told I have a high metabolism but I have fat on my body and I cant build muscle!
                      Because your body naturally stores fat (and how much and where is largely influenced by genetics) and you have to do a lot of focused lifting and get enough of the right kind of protein to gain muscle mass.

In particular, if you eat a lot of protein at one sitting (think big steak or something) your liver can't process it all (the max is about 30-40 grams of protein at a time), so a lot gets metabolized to fat.
                      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Re: Re: "You're young still. You'll fill out when you get older."

Originally posted by alva

I never did - my metabolism isn't fast - and I'm 36.

I can still wear the pants I was wearing in high-school, not that I have any left though.
                        wow-- no way for that here-- I wore a 30 inch waist when I finished high school and am now in a 36. I can't imagine how skinny I would look at a 30 inch but I think getting back to a 34 would be great.

To space-- I exercise and eat pretty much the same as always but I have found you do add a bit in the middle-- not a lot but a bit.
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

space.. try some healthy protien drinks
                          there are quite a few that are really good.
                          some made out of soy protien which is much better
                          for you anyway than eating tons of fatty meat.
                          "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

Where is Ozzy to complain about ageist metabolism?
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Protein drinks are stupidly expensive boann.

I need more proten myself. Lots more.

Comment

Working...
                              X