About that whole "Greatest American" poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About that whole "Greatest American" poll

Well, that's what you get when AOL runs an election.
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Why? Who won?
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

They'll probably post the result online in a few minutes.

Has everyone with a computer or a phone gone f*cking crazy?

Comment

Stop being an ass and tell me who won.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'm going to guess it was the Gipper, from your reaction

Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Well come on geniuses, out of Franklin, Washington, King, Lincoln, and Reagan, which one would I be pissed off about?

Spoiler:
              Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

Comment

Comment

That's why a poll of the Plebes is not actually worth anything.

Historians will know what to do with the Gipper.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

<-- sits back, grabs popcorn...

Comment

My God, what a moronic list, and what a moronic set of priorities....

Comment

Where's Lenin, Stalin, and Trotsky? I don't see them on this list? What the ******* bloody **** is ******* wrong with theses people?

On another note, I don't see any Latinos or African-Americans, so I guess blacks, hispanics, and commies are all on the same level in the eyes of D.C...

Comment

JohnT, you cannot laugh. OPRAH WINFREY beat out Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

I know you may not like ol' FDR because he did so much for the conditions of all the workers under your iron capitalist fist, but it pretty much makes the list lose all worthwhile value that him nor Bill Clinton nor any artist at all are in the top 5.

Comment

Ah, given that Lenin and Trotsky were Russians and Stalin Georgian, they would hardly be on the "100 Greatest Americans" list, now wouldn;t they?

Hmm, and Marthin Luther King is African American...did you even look at the list?

My question is, why is Einstein on that list? his greatest ideas came to him in Europe and did not immigrate to the US until an older man in the '30s. Certainly great American physicists could have made the list, though I greatly doubt your normal AOL user has a clue who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                              JohnT, you cannot laugh. OPRAH WINFREY beat out Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

I know you may not like ol' FDR because he did so much for the conditions of all the workers under your iron capitalist fist, but it pretty much makes the list lose all worthwhile value that him nor Bill Clinton nor any artist at all are in the top 5.
                              Why would Clinton be in the Top 5??

FDR certainly a valid contender- take out Reagan and put FDR in and you have a very valid list, but CLINTON? He shouldn't be in the top 5 anymore than Reagan.

Comment

Working...
                              X