No announcement yet.

Cold Mountain - Wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, in their defense, the movie was already 2 hours and 30+ minutes long without the deleted scene.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The Natalie Portman scene that was cut from the movie? Hmm? I saw the film in theaters, and I distinctly remember that entire sequence being there. There was nothing different that I necessarily remember being tacked on to the DVD.

The movie was solid, but I made the mistake of reading the book afterward. Reading Cold Mountain a few months after watching the movie made me realize that books have to be read first.

Even then, I still have not watched The Quiet American -- and that is my favorite Graham Greene novel.
      Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

Originally posted by DerSchwarzfalke
        The Natalie Portman scene that was cut from the movie? Hmm? I saw the film in theaters, and I distinctly remember that entire sequence being there. There was nothing different that I necessarily remember being tacked on to the DVD.
        No, there is another scene after what was in the movie, which is a far, far darker scene than what we saw.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Good film - I remember seeing it in theaters and being the only person under the age of forty! That was funny.

Gone With the Wind is an ok civil war film - it has its ups and downs. I still haven't seen Birth of A Nation - I'm watching other Griffiths first, because I'm interested in his inventions but I don't particularly care for racism.
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

I remember seeing it in theaters and being the only person under the age of forty

Wacky New Englanders .

Comment

Working...
            X