No announcement yet.

.. and that's how I knew I was getting older

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fins and mega-drinking - a dangerous cocktail for sure.

Is it true that finland has the highest suicide rate in the world(usualy in winter apparantly - a combination of no sun/depression+ too much alcohol)?
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

It's Iceland I think.

Right reasons, wrong country..;O)

Comment

could be - still i salute Pekka's efforts at keeping the alcohol companies in huge profit
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

SuperCitizen or Alcoholic Man?
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
            Pekka,

. Maybe I won't die from alcoholism. Instead I will die fighting in the revolution.
            Nah-- you'll die from the alcoholism . . . Actually old age is more likely than any "revolution" in the USA. But then again, you did say you would die in the revolution so I guess you are figuring you would be on the losing side. If that's the case, you could make the attempt now. How about a solo rush at the White House with an AK-47??
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
              But then again, you did say you would die in the revolution so I guess you are figuring you would be on the losing side.
              That's a nice bit of illogic.

It appears that you are asserting the winning side wouldn't have any casualties whatsoever.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

That's a nice bit of illogic.

It appears that you are asserting the winning side wouldn't have any casualties whatsoever.
                Nope, I don't assume that at all . . but if a person assumes that they will die in attempting to achieve something, it is more likely they forsee or predict failure than if they assume they won't die in the attempt.
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

child of thor, overall, we rank at the top but not number 1... I think we rank #1 in young male suicides, and it's my understanding we have won that category several times. So.. if you are white, Finnish, living in Finland, the chances of you suiciding is bigger than in Bronx of South Central...
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

What a stupid assed, lazy thing it must be to kill oneself.
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                      What a stupid assed, lazy thing it must be to kill oneself.
                      Maybe but I think they are finding that as they understand brain chemsitry better, it is possible for people to have such overwhelming depression as a result of imbalances that the suicidal is neither stupid nor lazy assed, merely essentially "drugged" in ways that fundamentally alter their perceptions

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                        Nope, I don't assume that at all . . but if a person assumes that they will die in attempting to achieve something, it is more likely they forsee or predict failure than if they assume they won't die in the attempt.
                        Does humor have any effect at all on you?
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                        X