.. and that's how I knew I was getting older

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theben
    Cuz she's pissed as hell that her son would be so stupid. I had a similar experience w/ my mom the last time I got really, really drunk.
    Luckily, my mother is too concerned with the structural integrity of her skull to grab my throat.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Pekka,

You drink waaaay too much. It's very bad for you. I used to drink like that too. One day I couldn't do it anymore, because it hurt in the morning much more than it used to. I'm glad my body works that way. Maybe I won't die from alcoholism. Instead I will die fighting in the revolution.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

@Pekka

You expected her to be happy to pick you up from the police station?
        Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

..... no?

??

and let's not talk about my mom anymore, please.

Kid, I drank too much? No? Are you serious?
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

If you’re going to think, think big. If you’re going to live, live large. If you're going to drink, drink heavily.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

that's right. I don't reckon alcohol probem, except attitude problem. Which I figure in this case is different than alcoholism. I don't drink usually these days. You can count the times I drink with the fingers of your hands in year. And I don't go for a beer or two, except if it's a new person I'm getting to know and they ask me - being polite and going.

I don't buy booze to my home, and I don't drink home alone. These days I only drink with friends and usually on special occasion, like this. The other being new years eve, and maybe one or two parties we throw to each other. Add few student parties (I mean few, not thousand), and that's it. If I go to clubs, I go sober.

Now.. I wouldn't say that makes for alcoholic, but I do admit that my attitude is all wrong, because when I do drink, I bring it like it's the last day on earth. The teenage mentality with the drinking attitude, well, the drinking 'macho' mentality, that you have to drink as much as possible. Feeling bad? Drink more. Already passed the fun part and getting tired? Drink faster. Can't get drunk from beer anymore than this? Go for fast series of shots. Basically, it's a group circle idiot jerk, where everyone is making sure everyone is drinking too much. It's like a .. it's not that you drink so that you can get a little drunk and have laughs with your mates. it's about competition who drinks most, it's about your drinking penis, if you stop first, you're a loser, big time. In fact, you don't stop until you go to sleep -> pass out.

Then all the methods learned as a teenager to be able to go on longer, it really isn't a good thing to do. It's almost like science 'now I have to drink 2 beers in 2 minutes, and in 20 minutes I'll be having mellow state' etc etc.. all these rules. And you have to play by those rules. I guess it's part of being afraid to grow up and be adult, because it's a special group of friends from years back, and this has been a tradition for years, so what are you going to do? Not drink and break the tradition? I mean sure, yeah, do something else, but it would be kind of like hearing your best mate getting married and then she will never let you see him or do anything and basically you grow apart.

But yeah.. I know it's stupid. And the problem part, well, the problem is to be able to go on for the 3rd day. Even 2nd day start being a problem for me. Heck.. drinking 12 beers in night starts being a problem for me. It's not like it used to be, but it's an obstacle, it was actually difficult to do it this year, the starting of the days were exceptionally ... difficult. So it's not like I enjoy doing this on my own free time . It's just a tradition. But still.. I'll be cutting down majorly next time, I won't do this to myself anymore. And the worse is still coming, the pure horror night. I guess it's some kind of temporary mental illness due to massive poisoning or something. And sadly we all know about it because we all done it (at least in Finland we have, it's not like you are special if you have horror nights from alcohol drinking). That's kind of twisted.

But still.. this isn't the worst ever.. even though this is ranking up.. the WORST was after I got out of the army and we went on a traditional cruise (on cruise boat, lots of tax free booze, buffets etc) and it was so ****ing crazy.. slept like 30 minutes accidentally in the 48 hours.. fear, loathing, paranoia truly yours afterwards. Drank so much it was prolly bad for my hair also. Nothing worked right for two days afterwards. I held on to my bed every now and then so I wouldn't fall off of it, because I was still in the sailing boat mode. The super hangover lasted for TWO days. It sucked! Think about it. You get a hangover, but you know it'll start passing soon.. you go and poo, eat, drink lots of water etc, and then at some point.. you start feeling better.. even good! But think about the worse moment, cold sweat, heart beating, face white as a sheet, and that **** never going away! You are able to sleep few hours for some reason, and when you wake up.. it's still there!!!!! At that moment, the end of the second day you have seriously thought about the situation if it doesn't go away in the next 4 days, you will kill yourself, and that if you survive, you will never ever drink again, and in fact it takes a long time until you actually do so.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

ok now i need human company, I'll go to my friends house for an hour or two.. keeps away the paranoia . It's kind of weird.. when you get yourself ****ed for the next 24 hours because you poison yourself, the worst is being alone. Then you get afraid worst. If you are with your friend(s), it's usually just cool, no problem. At least I don't have satellite coming out of my ass though.
                In da butt.

Comment

"At least I don't have satellite coming out of my ass though."

That's right, you have that going for you.

Also, praying can be a really great help.
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Police station? Tell us more

Btw., laurentius, do you have the link to the whole scientology book?

Comment

I don't know what he's talking about...

I'm slightly feeling better already. But the worse is still to come but I think it won't be that bad.. it'll be bad but not THAT bad.. anyone who says alcohol isn't a hard drug is a hypocrite. Haven't drink anything in almost 24 hours and the sounds in the head and all that is still coming. Meaning that you hear small sounds strong, senses get all ****ed up, and it's scary. Was it someone? I'm alone in the house... was there someone behind the window? That kind of morbid stuff.

Oh yeah and not to mention it kills people every single day, directly and indirectly. That's a state racket right there, legalized hard drugs. You get the shakes and sweats too, hallucinations and all that jazz, plus you destroy more than just your brain. Oh yeah, and drunk people are also boring idiots. It's a good reminder why I rather stay off the booze. I don't enjoy it that much.
                      In da butt.

Comment

sounds a quality few days, nice one pekka
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
                          sounds a quality few days, nice one pekka
                          right, people get too stressed about this 'alcoholism' and 'depenency' cr@p.

Just drink and enjoy!!

And as for all the sh1te about "units"

Comment

Re: .. and that's how I knew I was getting older

Did you lose your sex drive, Pekka?

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

thanks guys.. yeah it was quality time.. I even survived last night. Didn't get anythign I talked about earlier. Actually I got a good night sleep and feel normal and rested now.

Doesn't change the fact that I'm cutting down next time. I'll still do redicilous amounts, but not this much.
                              In da butt.

Comment

What a difference a day makes, 24 little hours...
                                Long time member @ Apolyton
                                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                                X