Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What mayhem have you done/been gifted with for a 30th - 40th - 50th birthday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What mayhem have you done/been gifted with for a 30th - 40th - 50th birthday?

Since we've had so many Apolyton birthdays, I thought I would share what I did to my wife for her 30th birthday.

Now, you have to understand I am older than her, and I started getting grey hairs in my mid-20's - not alot, but I definitely had some. So there I am, with my head in her lap one time, and I feel these little very light tugs on my head. I ask her what she's doing, and she answers "I'm counting grey hairs" with a lilt in her voice. "Ha, ha" I answer in a very flat voice.

She keeps this running joke up over the next decade. I inform her it's wearing a bit thin, and then I finally get fed up and warn her that if she keeps it up, I will pluck her first grey hair, mount in behind a small square of pre-drilled scrap ballistic glass, and mount it on the head board of our bed with one way bolts. She quits for a few months, and then restarts. I bide my time.

Five days before her 30th birthday, we are talking to a close friend while I am brushing her hair. Yes, you guessed it. There is this long, white hair. I pluck it, exclaiming "Yes, yes the first grey hair." She wants it back. There is no way that is going to happen. Little does she know that our friend is in on the big plan.

My job is to deliver her. They are "arranging" a 30th birthday party. I sneak the hair to the friend, mounted in a small plastic card holder with black background, and one of the worst photos I ever took of my wife when she was twentyish, where she looks like she is not the swiftest person in the universe - i.e. as in blond jokes except that she is not blond. The picture is absolutely terrible. She has no idea I still have it.

So her birthday arrives. We are going out to a movie with the friend and his GF. I call, they aren't ready. I delay, sneak a second call. They still aren't ready. I fake going to the bathroom. We arrive late, something I normally LOATHE, and instead of being all in a rush I'm saying we'll just go to a later showing. My wife is clueless.

We arrive, and knock on the door. It opens, and there are our friends. The hair and the picture are the centerpiece, in a black cardboard coffin. There are various funeral-style decorations, mostly borrowed from Halloween parties, and three of our friends front and center, who break out in the song "Happy birthday" to a funeral dirge.

My wife turns around, plants both hands in claw grips firmly on my chest, and informs me in a loud whisper "I'm going to f**king kill you." The party proceeds.

Share your stories.
    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Re: What mayhem have you done/been gifted with for a 30th - 40th - 50th birthday?

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
    Since we've had so many Apolyton birthdays, I thought I would share what I did to my wife for her 30th birthday.
    The first thing that popped into my head when I read that was what I did to my wife on her 30th.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Share - share
      The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
      And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
      Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
      Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

i didnt know tubers on my 30th. but i have a bday coming up in bout 9 days now I am gonna be watching him dammit cause ill be 36. Most I can hope for is that he forgets.
        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
        "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
        Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Forgets what?

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Mrs. Tuberski - my wife is 35. You are compatriots.

Comment

Mrs. Tuberski - my wife is 35. You are compatriots.
                The only thing I have in my favor is that my bday is a national holiday and i can kindda take away the surprise element. We always do something for the 4th of july. By the way being 35 is cool. way better then trying to be 21 again.
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

My wife is 40. We went to a ski lodge in PA for her birthday. End result - child #7 will be born in five weeks.

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                    My wife is 40. We went to a ski lodge in PA for her birthday. End result - child #7 will be born in five weeks.

ACK!
                    Seems like a productive weekend that came out of that.
                    Tubers says you owe him a quarter for using his tag line.

Comment

I like my women in their 30's. They are still babes, they know ALOT more in the bedroom, and they are hornier. Women in their 30's.

Comment

Evidently women in their 40's still know how to handle themselves around the old ski lodge.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                          Seems like a productive weekend that came out of that.
                          A re-productive weekend.

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                          Tubers says you owe him a quarter for using his tag line.
                          Sorry. After what I said it seemed oddly appropriate.

Comment

I like my women in their 30's. They are still babes, they know ALOT more in the bedroom, and they are hornier. Women in their 30's.

Une femme d'un certain age pour vous, monsieur....
                            Attached Files
                            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

All I've got's an eighteenth birthday story.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X