Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or a airconditioned library.
    Oh yeah, that reminds me.

If you're ever hot and don't have an airconditioned place to go to, the library and Wal Mart are always cold.

(Grocery stores are pretty good too but comparative to a walmart it's pretty hard to hang out in a grocery store.)
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by alva
      That's a bad thing? We need more of them to die, good for demographics.
      Yes indeed. We have to pay less for these numerous (way too) old people in here (most of them are close to dying anyway), and they die from natural causes. This is a win-win situation. It would have to occur on a more massive scale to have any effect though, if not then we'll still have too many old people
      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Funny how nature (global warming)works, innit.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Um... I think it's 115 F (like 48-49 or so C) here.
          "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

34C was yesterday's hight, with a forecast 35C for tomorrow. Plus the Ohio River Basin is notorious for viciously high humidity.
            The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
            And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
            Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
            Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

homebrew air conditioning

Haven't tried this, but it might work well enough. Of course an air conditioner would be easier...
              Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

Not some guy boasting about how much heat he has to deal with again . I am not seriously discomfited even when the heat is at 45 C , so please , quit yer whining .

Comment

Yeah, right - 45C my a** - actually, my a** isn't even that hot (though my wife's is )
                  Last edited by Mr. Harley; June 26, 2005, 04:39.
                  The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                  And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                  Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                  Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

@ Shawn

Why do you disbelieve me ? Have you ever stayed in Indore during peak summer ?

Comment

In a couple of weeks, I'm going to Florida...

*weeps*
                      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                      Drake Tungsten
                      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                      Albert Speer

Comment

Working...
                      X