Storm on the Way (and a Simpleton)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm on the Way (and a Simpleton)

www.theweatheroutlook.com is absolutely brilliant for British weather, however...two days ago and yesterday it was predicting a massive storm for northern England. During today it downgraded and downgraded..but now its back and looming large! Due in a couple of hours (at nighttime unfortunately). The sky is looking well grey!

It reminds of the US and a time in Wilming, Delaware when we got back from a July 4th fireworks show (which was about a tenth as good as the ones we have on Guy Fawkes night!). There was a huge downpour and we got back to my hosts house. The ditzy wife said "how come it's only raining in that spot?", pointing to the lit area near the garage.

It was actually raining everywhere else...she just couldn't see it
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Re: Storm on the Way (and a Simpleton)

Originally posted by Park Avenue
    It reminds of the US and a time in Wilming, Delaware when we got back from a July 4th fireworks show (which was about a tenth as good as the ones we have on Guy Fawkes night!). There was a huge downpour and we got back to my hosts house. The ditzy wife said "how come it's only raining in that spot?", pointing to the lit area near the garage.
    I did a quick google on Guy Fawkes night:

Guy Fawkes Fireworks

In 1605, Guy Fawkes and a group of conspirators attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. Before they were able to carry out their plan they were caught, tortured and executed.

Every year since then we have traditionally celebrated his failure by letting off fireworks and burning an effigy of 'Guy'
    Haha, you crazy Brits.

But seriously, you're probably not going to have much of a show in Wilmington, Delaware as you are in, say, Washington DC or other bigger cities.

Comment

It's so so still and there are no birds around. Must be a sign of a storm. Or just that Park Ave's about.
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
      X