what swedish holiday is it today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what swedish holiday is it today?

we tried to call up a swedish company today at work and found nobody except a message that it was a national holidya or something

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Swedish Bikini Team Day, duh

"I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

is there a world championship or something?

Comment

Blah

Comment

The holiday was yesterday - they haven't become sober yet

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Also national holiday here yesterday and today, amounting for 4 free days in a row - the midsummer day, called Jāņi (Johns) is the most celebrated holiday here, probably more so than even Christmas.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
              The holiday was yesterday - they haven't become sober yet
              Theres an understatement.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

so it's a celebration of summer?

and i thought we were the country with the most peculiar holidays....

Comment

It's a PAGAN holiday; they burn old churches and eat babies and drink EEWWWWW AQUAVIT
                  Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG

Yes. An originally Pagan holiday indeed, but now just a huge part of the culture. I know it's big in some European countries, but probably it's the biggest here - as said, it's bigger than Christmas.
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I always found it odd that the biggest holidays in the US were at the times of the year with the worst weather. Then I moved to California.
                      Visit First Cultural Industries
                      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG

And don´t listen to Saras, we don´t burn churches or eat babies. There is quite a lot of heavy drinking and fornication though...
                        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                        X