Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BUSH SUPPORTERS: I want you to tell me some of bushes executed policies you support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If his admin would thwart the dangerous dictators, rather than merely
    share Jacuzzis with them, and if he was not a ultra-religious android...

I reckon I would have no other problems with supporting Junior.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
      This should be a poll.
      For a poll, one needs options.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by cal_01

Err. How on earth is this a good thing? The soft-wood lumber ban hurts the house-builders more than it helps the US forestry industry.
        You have to understand Drake to understand that post. He just likes pissing off Canadians.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by cal_01

Err. How on earth is this a good thing? The soft-wood lumber ban hurts the house-builders more than it helps the US forestry industry.
          Hey, didn't you here they're clearing palm trees in Tampa to build houses? We don't need no Canadian wood!!

Just kidding, after all, Canadians helped build four-fifths of my house by selling their trees...

I'm curious, what other major industries does Canada have, as all I have ever heard about is timber and oil, and I don't even think there is that much oil in Canada (but I could be wrong)...

Comment

Originally posted by Commy

I'm curious, what other major industries does Canada have, as all I have ever heard about is timber and oil, and I don't even think there is that much oil in Canada (but I could be wrong)...
            Are you serious?
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
              He's driven a few people here insane. It's been entertaining to watch the decline of a few of the posters here.
              Yeah, basically anyone who supported his invasion of Iraq has been made to look like a prize plonker...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Tons of oil. We're the US' biggest foreign supplier of oil. Also natural gas and hydro power
                Pulp and paper industry (related to the timber industry)
                Agriculture (livestock, grains etc.)
                Fisheries
                Trains, planes (Bombardier) and automobiles (multinationals)
                Telecommunications, robotics, other high-tech
                Aluminum processing in Quebec (raw material comes from Carribbean)
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Not to mention other minerals (nickel, coal, potash, diamonds, among others)
                  Sizable international banking and insurance industry
                  "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                  "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                  "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Yeah. The Canuck banks have really been taking over down South recently, haven't they...
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

"All your banks are belong to us!"

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                        Yeah. The Canuck banks have really been taking over down South recently, haven't they...
                        Yeah, because most US banks are very very small operations. The "big 5" have no problem taking them over.

Comment

Bank of America has the market cap of all the big 5 combined, though.

Might even have enough left over to buy the medium 2...
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Citi Corp is huge as well.

Comment

Citigroup market cap is actually slightly larger than BoA

But BoA is more of a small-consumer bank than Citigroup is, which seems to be heavier into corporate **** (at least that's my impression)

The big 5 Canadian banks are somewhere in between. Their investment services divisions are the things showing the most growth as they expand into the US as brokerage firms and such.
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                                I liked the import restrictions on soft-wood lumber.
                                You actually caught a canuck with that hook, even if it is a DL. My hat is off to you, sir.
                                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                                X