No announcement yet.

How much traction is this really going to get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with the conservatives is that they're all by themselves on the right out there. The liberals are standing in between them and any sort of workable coalition. All the Tories can do is cooperate with others to tear down the Liberals. They can't govern as currently constituted...
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

I know what's going on, man. Just pointing out that the Cons have been willing to bunk down with some strange bedfellows. At least the Grits have issues in common with the BQ, rather than simple political expediency...
      What sort of double-speak bull**** are you trying to pull?

The Bloc is fine when they agree with the Liberals and the NDP on social policy, but it is a disgrace when the Tories agree with them that we need a new government because the old one is too corrupt?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
        In your dreams, and those of a few seperatists.
        You know I'm kidding, right? I think it was a dumb idea back then, and it hasn't gotten any smarter since. If the yanks want to buy our oil at a fair market price I'm willing to ship it to them until they choke on it...
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The problem with the conservatives is that they're all by themselves on the right out there. The liberals are standing in between them and any sort of workable coalition. All the Tories can do is cooperate with others to tear down the Liberals. They can't govern as currently constituted...
          We shall see.

Martin seems hell bent to drag the Liberals back left.

Don't blink, or you'll miss the end of the Chretein strangle-hold on the centre.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

You know I'm kidding, right? I think it was a dumb idea back then, and it hasn't gotten any smarter since. If the yanks want to buy our oil at a fair market price I'm willing to ship it to them until they choke on it...
            Of course, but I thought we were supposed to let lose a few Rawwrs.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

What sort of double-speak bull**** are you trying to pull?

The Bloc is fine when they agree with the Liberals and the NDP on social policy, but it is a disgrace when the Tories agree with them that we need a new government because the old one is too corrupt?
              What the hell are you on, here, NYE?

I'm pointing out that all the BQ can string together with Harper et al is negativism. They can't agree on a single issue beyond the fact that if the liberals lose seats then they gain them.

Bringing down the government when you don't have a viable alternative is rightly seen as the pettiest politicking there is...
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Of course, but I thought we were supposed to let lose a few Rawwrs.
                Just checking, son...
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

What the hell are you on, here, NYE?

I'm pointing out that all the BQ can string together with Harper et al is negativism. They can't agree on a single issue beyond the fact that if the liberals lose seats then they gain them.

Bringing down the government when you don't have a viable alternative is rightly seen as the pettiest politicking there is...
                  I don't think it's petty to want to turf thieves from office.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

We shall see.

Martin seems hell bent to drag the Liberals back left.

Don't blink, or you'll miss the end of the Chretein strangle-hold on the centre.
                    Pffft. Chrétien was a leftist realpolitiking his way to the centre.

Martin's a centrist who needs to show people that there's a difference between him and Harper. He's got his eye firmly on the centre...
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

And the Liberals are no alternative to the Tories, either.

It is under undisputed Liberal power that soverignty in Quebec has landed back on the national stage like an eight hundred pound gorilla who just found his long lost love.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

I don't think it's petty to want to turf thieves from office.
                        The Liberals are like an old drunk: you can kick their ass out every night at 3, but the next afternoon they'll be right back in their stool.

The Conservatives need a new Mulroney to trick people into voting for them for a decade or so. Harper sure as hell ain't it...
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

And the Liberals are no alternative to the Tories, either.

It is under undisputed Liberal power that soverignty in Quebec has landed back on the national stage like an eight hundred pound gorilla who just found his long lost love.
                          The Liberals were doing a pretty good job of keeping that particular bogeyman down. Unfortunately some thieves were busy doing a lot of damage to their overall good efforts...
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Pffft. Chrétien was a leftist realpolitiking his way to the centre.

Martin's a centrist who needs to show people that there's a difference between him and Harper. He's got his eye firmly on the centre...
                            Let's see how the next election goes, after Martin pulls Parliament's strings over the NDP budget and same sex marriage, and then stiffles Gomery.

Martin is crusading left and trying to bury the bodies faster than you can say middle of the road.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

He's got one body to bury, and he's got Chrétien's very warm body to blame it on.

Good thing they had that "falling out", huh?

The conspiracy part of me wonders if it was engineered...
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The Liberals were doing a pretty good job of keeping that particular bogeyman down. Unfortunately some thieves were busy doing a lot of damage to their overall good efforts...
                                Yeah, like Martin's freinds included.

Nobody in the Liberal party has any credibility on the issue.

People at ground zero are current advisors to cabinet ministers.

Martin's advertising buddies had contracts bumped up by Finance Ministry staff while Martin was the minister. Martin says he didn;t have lunch with the guy when there is hard evidence that he did.

The ship, she has no bottom, captain. The bottom has been shot out.

But you're right, the Tories can be no alternative to this level of corruption and sheer chutzpah. They would never be able to do it as well.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X