It's Strange What You Can Find On The Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Strange What You Can Find On The Internet

Rough cut, pure Uranium238 metal pieces.
    These are very difficult to obtain and we a very limited supply of them. Ideal for element collectors or conducting experiments with genuine Uranium metal. Uranium is a very hard metal - any attempt to machine it or cut it will produce small chips that ignite on contact with air producing radioactive smoke. It is stored & shipped under Mineral Oil. Sizes of the samples vary a bit, but average around 12 grams.
    Uranium metal ~12g: $85.00

United Nuclear : - What's New Radiation and Nuclear Chemistry Tools And Equipment Electronic & Electrical General Science General Interest Neodymium Magnets Gift Certificates Area 51 Restricted to UPS Only Element Samples High Voltage Solar Power Scales Chemistry, physics, biology, radioactive

I don't know. Sounds strange to me.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

12 g of U238 is only a 4.5 microcurie source. That's a joke.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

12 g of cobalt 60 (which is about what my fiancée has access to) is an over 15000 curie source
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

At least its not U235.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Well hell. What fun would be for the wannabe's if could just buy a ready made bomb on the net?
          Where's the intrigue ?
          Besides, this isn't really "a joke".
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

There are people who collect the elements of the periodic table? Those artificially created substances must really gall at their sense of completeness.
            Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

I have some uranium ore

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
                There are people who collect the elements of the periodic table? Those artificially created substances must really gall at their sense of completeness.
                I thought about doing that before I was a teen.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I have two pieces of Uranium... I wear one in my underpants and another duct taped to my head. According to Dr Atkins, this is a great way to lose weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
                    Especially those ones that are so volatile they only last as long as an eye-blink (even less).

Comment

Those should be banned.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I think they are too spendy for the average public to ge ta hold of...

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

12g? That's an awfully small bit of uranium.
                          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Yeah, U238 isn't anything particularly exciting...you aren't going to be making any nuclear weapons with it in a hurry...
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

When do we build the nuke then?

*Listens for CIA spyplanes*
                              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X