Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any accurate legal drama TV shows out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ally McBeal?
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Night Court.
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
        Night Court.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Murder One did a reasonably good job, I think, (for a television drama, anyway) And since it devoted an entire season to one trial, it got into more detail than most shows do.
          "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Re: Any accurate legal drama TV shows out there?

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Any legal drama on TV that gets all the particulars right? I guess that's one of the problems with law school, you see errors in every show on the tube .

See if you can find reruns of a British series from the 70s called 'Crown Court'- the action never leaves the courtroom or courtroom precincts, and of course you get to see British actors in gowns and wigs- and that's just the male barristers and judges.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Barristers
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Barristers

Roger Barrister- first four minute lawyer.
                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0306760/
                  Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Doesn't Court TV show actual trials?
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                    X