Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have to write a 100 word essay on why I want to be a security 'officer'.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are wonderful 100 word deals, but the deed is done. I did the interview, which was fairly involved, and wrote my 100 word dealy do.

I believe I aced the interview, and that was the tough bit. They wanted to see if I have brains and common sense, so you can imagine my predicament. Think I managed to not make a fool out of myself anyway, and believe they were impressed. I told them that I want to work for them until I retire, which I do, but that every few years I go to the Phils at the slowest time of the year, Jan, Feb, March and April. Well, they didn't much like that, but I said I'd clear it with them first to make sure they weren't short of people when I left, that my job came first. That made things a bit better, they were impressed that I was totally up front with them I think... So we'll see.

If you pray, any mention to the Boss would be appreciated.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

They don't like you going on holliday every few years???
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Erm, aren't they required to give you vacation time every year per State and Federal labor law? If they balked at you leaving once in a blue moon, perhaps they aren't the best people to be working for...
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
          If they balked at you leaving once in a blue moon, perhaps they aren't the best people to be working for...
          Let's be fair. Lancer's talking about taking four months off per year. It is understandable that an employer might express some concern.

--But on the upside, it's during their slow season and at a time when few people want to take vacations. They probably have a problem when overstaffing during those months, so I'll bet they find, upon further consideration, that they really like this idea.

Comment

I think I'll be lucky to get a month if I get this job. However, I'll retire with more $, be able to cover Dolores with insurance since they give it from day 1, etc.

I'll keep it going as long as I can anyway.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

USA! X 100.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                These are wonderful 100 word deals, but the deed is done. I did the interview, which was fairly involved, and wrote my 100 word dealy do.

I believe I aced the interview, and that was the tough bit. They wanted to see if I have brains and common sense, so you can imagine my predicament. Think I managed to not make a fool out of myself anyway, and believe they were impressed. I told them that I want to work for them until I retire, which I do, but that every few years I go to the Phils at the slowest time of the year, Jan, Feb, March and April. Well, they didn't much like that, but I said I'd clear it with them first to make sure they weren't short of people when I left, that my job came first. That made things a bit better, they were impressed that I was totally up front with them I think... So we'll see.

If you pray, any mention to the Boss would be appreciated.
                How is Bruce Springsteen gonna help?

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                X