Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to import Cuban Cigars to the US . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to import Cuban Cigars to the US . . .

what sort of restrictions am I facing?

(by restrictions, i mean things that are preventing me from bringing them in, in person, by mail, or by package)
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

An embargo that makes it illegal for you to do so.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Order them from Europe
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

well yeah, i know theres an embargo. that means that theres money to be made. that gives me incentives to find ways around the embargo.

if you order it from europe, it doesnt get stopped at customs?
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Why not just deal drugs? They're less deadly to the consumer than tobacco.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Have a friend going on a trip to Europe pick some up and smuggle them through customs. My friend bought me a lovely Romeo y Julieta for 5€
            Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

Probably easier to just come to Canada and take them back across the border with you.
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

i know it can be done by bringing themselves in person, but im talking about through the mail.

is it even possible or do they screen everything?

Comment

They cannot check every package. As long as the cigars are effectively 'hidden' inside the envelopes, I think there's a solid chance they will get through.

EDIT: As proof, my friend efficiently shipped four bottles of liquor to his brother in Iraq. His brother received them with no problems. Shipping liquor, as you can imagine, is much different -- and more difficult -- than shipping cigars.
                  Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

I would suggest checking with an attorney who specializes in criminal law to find out how much jail time you're looking at if you're caught.

Comment

Its not the wiset thing to ask advice on how to commit a crime, now is it?
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

My friend bought a cuban in germany, nad brought it here and he smoked it for graduation.
                        Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                        Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
                          My friend bought a cuban in germany, nad brought it here and he smoked it for graduation.
                          must've had a large suitcase.

Comment

Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                            *****Citizen of the Hive****
                            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                              well yeah, i know theres an embargo. that means that theres money to be made. that gives me incentives to find ways around the embargo.

if you order it from europe, it doesnt get stopped at customs?
                              You can get them in Mexico if you know where to go, and you can play customs roulette with anything, any where, any time. If you get caught, it's a little unpleasant, and violating an embargo is a few extra points in the FSG than ordinary smuggling.
                              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                              X