Traditional Midsummers day thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traditional Midsummers day thread

It's soon time.. the best 'holiday' in Finland (excluding super combo of christmas and new year). Do you celebrate it? It's a big get all smashed up party, that lasts for 2 or 3 days. Traditionally we go to summer cabins with bunch of friends, that's, I believe the most popular form. Some people go to festivals, big ones, with bands playing, and usually pretty good and famous ones, and tens of thousands get drunk, fight and have sex. True legacy of Finland.

Now.. what are you going to do? I think there was an omen today, I woke up and realized I dreamed about this coming party and it was fun! I had all my friends there, .. and I will have them this weekend in real life as well. It's great, since we kind of live in different locations these days (studies, work etc), so we get together for these and it's always great, fun and wild. We love it. We have decks, tons of records, lots of booze, food, sauna, swimming etc, and then we just do that for couple of days straight . It's something to really look forward to.. The biggest thing in whole summer.. especially now when I don't have any vacation, just work, it's extra great.

So.. your plans are?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Juhannuskokko
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Juhannus

Wish I could experience it one year
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

oh yeah we also have huge bonfires.. they are very beautiful, especially when you are at summer cabin by the lake, and at night, there are big bonfires all over the lake and you see many of them from the shore.. and it's quiet.. yeah.. it's a magical moment..

Spiffor, well, I'm sure few other countries have some traditions for that day too, but I thinkt hey are all different.. but remember if you are here that day, you do not want to be in city and go out. That's the worst thing to do. No one out there anyway. You need bunch of people who have you in their cabin or similar.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Summer Solstice
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Large full moon, hundreds of fire flies around the pond, and getting up at six thirty in the morning to pick pesticide free blueberries means I only get Mommy and Daddy time once today.
            The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
            And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
            Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
            Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

yeah.. well I hope as many of you as possible will some day get a chance to take part in good one.. because there are always buttholes you don't know how to do it properly in here as well.. it's more than just a drinking fest. There's lots of magic to be done etc... Old traditions.. can't remember many of them, because I haven't practiced them.

Forecast says it'll be a great few days too, so

We aren't going to our summer cabin, but I'll go there as well this summer.. there's this big big rock (cliff), in in it, there's perfect tranquility. It's perfect. I usually go there alone, spend few hours or the whole day there, just sitting, lying down, watching, listening, reading.. it's my personal space of peace in this planet. It's just perfect, and it's by the lake too.. and there's no one close, so it's just you and the animals. Even the insects won't mess with me in my cliff. It's like the perfect picture you see with sun rising, combined with the perfect song and with the feel good. Gives me warmness just thinking about it It's a place to think about things, to be sad, happy and the place where you always come away as a winner and ready to take on the world. It's so special I haven't even named it. It wouldn't do justice to it. But if someone starts using it besides myself, I will, I repeat, I will kill them.
              In da butt.

Comment

Midsommar celebration- the Swedish way
                The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

yeah I read about that in the papers.. It was that tame though? I thought it was going to be bad.. I thought that was mostly just funny??!! What's the problem.. IKEA managment a little uptight?
                  In da butt.

Comment

Yes. I don't understand what they mean when they claimed that the video was not representative for Sweden. I think it's fairly accurate. It's the way we do it
                    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

that's right..

truth can be scary but hiding the truth is what one should be afraid of.

-SC
                      In da butt.

Comment

YEAAAH!! Today is THE day of start.. tearing **** up!

Of course I still have work left, and I'll get to the destination late at night, but it's only the first day.. tomorrow and day over tomorrow we'll fix up buffet type of food settings, never ending stream of alcohol.. oh yeah baby!

I feel sorry for you people without the grooooooove! Wait? No I don't!

I got more rhymes than Madonna gets dicked!

Thats right boys, you are now jammin to the sounds of the Boogie Down!
                        Hit em like this, hoooooooo

Yeah, yeah, yeah, can I get a yes
                        Can I get a mother****in yes
                        Do I get wreck and get respect
                        Lyrically I can get wreck
                        okay
                        Well can I get a ho
                        Can I get mother****in ho
                        Do I get wreck at any show
                        Lyrically I got the flow
                        say here we go

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In da butt.

Comment

I'm off to Ostrobothnia for Midsummer. I'll catch the Nummirock festival and probably see some relatives.

Unfortunately I don't have much money on my hands so I can't booze that much.

Comment

I´m planning for a relatively laid back midsummer. Some friends, some food, some beer & schnaps. No drunken stupor and wild sexual escapades in the woods for me anymore
                            Attached Files
                            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                            X