X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three nice lions

Sorry to dissapoint some of you

The story is kind of

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Kidnapped girl 'rescued' by lions
    A pride of lions has rescued a girl from her kidnappers in rural south-west Ethiopia, according to police.

A 12-year-old girl was snatched by four men on her way home from school early in June.

A week later, kidnappers were moving her with police in pursuit when three lions encountered the group and chased the men off, local police said.

The lions stayed with the girl without harming her, before departing as police searching for her came near.

Sergeant Wondmu Wedaj told the media from Bita Genet, some 560 kilometres (348 miles) south-west of the capital, Addis Ababa, that they found the girl alive but shocked and terrified.

'Gift'

"They stood guard until we found her and then they just left her like a gift and went back into the forest," the policeman said.

Serengeti Lion, BBC
    The police did not know the sex of the lions

The girl told the police she had been beaten by her kidnappers, but no harm was done to her by the lions.

An Ethiopian wildlife expert said the lions may have spared the girl because her crying may have sounded like the mewing sound from a lion cub.

"Everyone thinks this is some kind of miracle, because normally the lions would attack people," Sergeant Wondimu added.

Four men have been caught by police.

The United Nations estimates abductions, which lead to marriage, are rife in rural areas where the majority of Ethiopians live.
    Actually a strange story - lions usually eat people if they get a chance.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

That is a bizarre, yet touching story.

The United Nations estimates abductions, which lead to marriage, are rife in rural areas where the majority of Ethiopians live.

Comment

Yeah, it's kind of sad that you need three lions acting strange before that kind of news hit the front pages, and that as a twoliner closing another story.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

There are many stories where lions adopt young antilopes and such, quite amazing.

Of course, they don't live as they get killed by an other member of the group.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I love to see pussies up close.
          Last edited by MarkG; June 22, 2005, 02:46.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You make teh baby JohnT cry.

Comment

I'm going to cancel out that terrible photo with a bona fide, non-humorous and completely unironic use of the word *****.

Here is my *****... don't you just want to stroke it?
              Attached Files

Comment

Damn. Obviously the Apolyton censors don't have context detectors,

Isn't that funny though... that they censor the word, but not its plural. Obviously talking about more than one ***** is perfectly fine.

.... does Apolyton endorse Polygamy?

Comment

So, Dracon, when are you going to get it shaved?

Comment

Originally posted by Commy
                    So, Dracon, when are you going to get it shaved?
                    Usually I'd only shave my ***** if it started getting knots and dredlocks... which happens a bit with the more furry ones. It needs regular preventative brushing.

Comment

Since this also concerns kidnapping, should we start discussing the ins and outs of the snatch.
                      The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                      And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                      Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                      Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Marriage by capture is a common practice in several third world countries. When you see a cute girl you just club her over the head and drag her home where you rape her. Eventually she has so many kids she just stays and stops trying to get away.

Back in the 90's we had a case of Loatian immigraints being charged with kidnapping and rape for attempting to practice the traditional Hmong marriage by capture. They'd beat up and kidnapped this Asian girl to become a 15 year old boy's wife. The uncles, father, grandfather all striped her naked and tied her to a bed so the boy could then freely rape her. Neighbors heard screams and called the police.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                        X