Dilema... traveling with pregers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilema... traveling with pregers

I need to reply to my job offer today and I really want to say yes, and wifey really wants me to say yes, but... Her doctor is advising that she not fly or change doctors until she gives birth.

Work won't wait another 2-3 months for me, so I have to go. I have a call in to her doctor to try and convince her to let wifey go because I don't know when wifey told her we were planning on going. The date I have set, just last night, is just over 5 weeks before her due date and most doctors and airlines won't permit a pregers to fly within 4 weeks of the due date. So, IMO, we are fine... right?

Anyway, we'll see what the doctor says. Still, if she says no I still have to go out to Cincinnati and start work why my wife stays here and has our baby, and that would suck (me not being here for her). Still, wifey says she wouldn't be able to live with herself if she let that get in the way of us taking the job.

What would you do?
    Monkey!!!

Unless your wife has had a difficult pregnancy or there are foreseen consequences (ala the baby might come out breech (too early to tell - that's just an example)), tell your doctor to stuff it. She's just looking out for her billings.

I have a call in to her doctor to try and convince her to let wifey go

Remember: Your doctor doesn't control your life or your wifes pregnancy.

****, the day before Sophie was born Laura got it in her head to cut the grass - three days before, Laura was literally jumping up and down because GA beat the shiite out of TN in football (in their HOUSE, baby!)

Wow, no complications - whoda guessed?

Comment

I would travel.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I agree JohnT.

When the doc calls I'm going to approach it as a "I hope you can be helpful in our change of doctors" not a "I need your permission" sort of way.

The only thing is that it would really help wifey's nerves if the doc said it was alright. She's been real emotional lately. Wifey even wanted to wait until the end of next month so that she could have 4 weeks of training with her replacement at work!

I thought that was funny.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Yeah, those last couple of months are a BEYATCH on the emotions. And we just get to sit there and say "It's OK, honey, it's OK. No, really - it is. REALLY!"

Four weeks training her replacement is nothing - when my wife was 8-odd months pregnant, she turned herself in for election fraud.

Comment

when my wife was 8-odd months pregnant, she turned herself in for election fraud
            Monkey!!!

Comment

How long is the flight from where you are to where your going. Its possible the doc is concerned with billings but i think the doc is more concerned with premature labor. You might have to go with out her and if you do that let the booses know that you will need a week off right before her due date to fly home and be with the wife. If she hasnt delieverd by then you can always ask the dr to induce labor that way ur there for the birth and can fly back with wife and baby
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

6 hours in total, but is done in 2 legs. We can do 3 hours and 3 hours...
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                  6 hours in total, but is done in 2 legs. We can do 3 hours and 3 hours...
                  The two short flights sounds like a good idea i know that being tall stuffing my self ito airpane eats for six hours is vry uncomfy i couldnt imagine doing it when i was preggers. Im not sure why they tell u not to travel. I dont think the plane ride would bother the wife i thinks it more along the lines of not having a doctor in the place ur going If it were me id risk the flight done in two legs have wheechair at airp[ort so wifey dont have to walk to next gate. Rest a bit then get on next plane get to detination. You should also be checking on drs up there and choose one before you leave and have wifeys records sent to that dr
                  When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

Re: Dilema... traveling with pregers

Originally posted by Japher
                    I need to reply to my job offer today and I really want to say yes, and wifey really wants me to say yes, but... Her doctor is advising that she not fly or change doctors until she gives birth.
                    Yes. You should hold off because it is the best thing to do for your family.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I agree Mrs Tubers, I'm even thinking 1st Class. I'm already looking for doctors out there. The day before I want to leave we have a dr. appointment here, and I was thinking of having another one, there, the following week to ensure everything is ok. I don't know why the doctor is paranoid. I think wifey might of told her we wouldn't be leaving until the end of July, which would put her due within 4 weeks, which no doctor would agree to.

I'm just going to ask for the doctors cooporation and advice on how to make the transition as smooth as possible... If she ever calls.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Yes. You should hold off because it is the best thing to do for your family.
                        I disagree. The best thing to do for my family is to support them. I am a bad father and husband if I leave them during this sensitive time. However, I am also a bad father and husband if we find ourselves without work or means to support ourselves. All because a doctor was tentative about her changing doctors?
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

that link should answer most of ur questions

Comment

Yeah, I'm not worried about the flight so much as getting her there and under the care of another doctor. If it is better that we drive, than we drive. She's being very stubborn (as is her right) about this, and is really in a position that is "I will do what the doctor says" even if everything else points to the contrary.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

depending on her due date you might run into trouble getting on airplane with out permission from the doc.

Comment

Working...
                              X