How Secure is Paypal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajbera
    Well, I want to sell a bunch of stuff, and I'd like to receive Paypal payments to my checking account, which is why I set this up. You don't need to link Paypal to a bank account if you're paying vendors/sellers.
    You don't need to, I've have done it with mine in case I buy something for $100 but theres only $50 in my Paypal account, it just takes the difference straight out of my bank account.

Comment

You can link it to a credit card account AFAIK.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by ajbera
        Well, I want to sell a bunch of stuff, and I'd like to receive Paypal payments to my checking account, which is why I set this up. You don't need to link Paypal to a bank account if you're paying vendors/sellers.
        There is a threshhold of total currency sent and received, which, when exceeded, will cause them to place some restrictions on your account unless you give them bank account information. I think the amount is $300, I dont remember for sure, though...

I use my regular bank account. I know I am taking a risk, but I figure that a company like Paypal needs to make security a top priority because they must be aware just one security breach resulting in loss of customer money will ruin them..

Comment

A lot of phishing done about paypal accounts.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            A lot of phishing done about paypal accounts.
            Only the terminally stupid fall for that sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
            X