Mac help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac help

I'm at my parents and they have a MacIntosh computer.

What's good spyware program for Macs? Kind of like Lavasoft Ad-ware.

On their safari, sometimes this window pops up for keychain asking for password. My parents can't figure out how to stop this. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Who is Barinthus?

spyware currently isn't an issue on macs, so there aren't really any programs.

As far as Safari, and the keychain question isn't configurable in the preferences menu, then I don't know.

===

How does one get Windows/Linux/FRIGGIN NORMAL-style Home and End keys in Tiger?
    B♭3

Comment

Re: Mac help

Originally posted by Barinthus

On their safari, sometimes this window pops up for keychain asking for password. My parents can't figure out how to stop this. Any ideas?

Thanks
      I can't wait until Asher sees this

Comment

Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Re: Mac help

Originally posted by Barinthus

Thanks
          I'm guessing you are using OS 10.2

1. There are currently no spyware programs or viruses that afflict Mac OS X. It simply isn't a problem.

2. a if you are using 10.2 or earlier, download the app from this link.

If you are using 10.3 or 10.4 follow these instructions.

That should fix it. If it still ****s up do the following.

b. Turn off autofill for user names and passwords in Safari Preferences.

c. Use Disk Utility (in Applications/Utilities) to select Macintosh HD and click "repair permissions".

d. Read the following threads.

Every 2-3 pages I open, Keychain opens up asking for a password saying that safari wants to use keychain. It slows my work considerably. Any clues?

This for 10.4

CNET Download provides free downloads for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices across all categories of software and apps, including security, utilities, games, video and browsers
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Q3

From ars

In many OS X applications, the “home” and “end” keys do not behave as you might expect. Instead of functioning as they do in Windows, the keys will scroll accordingly to the end of the page or document while the cursor will remain in the same place. Microsoft Office apps behave as you would expect them, but hitting “end” in an application like Mail will scroll you down to the end of the message while keeping the text insertion point exactly where it was before. Also, Home and End will take you to the beginning and end of a document respectively, rather than the line. However, Command-left arrow and Command-right arrow will take you to the beginning and end of the line in many applications.

Only feebs vote.

Comment

Yeah, I know that much. But I once read on these boards about keybindings you could do, which will give them normal bindings. Unfortunately, I can't find it in search, and the few that turn up in Google dont' seem to work in Tiger.
              B♭3

Comment

Can't say. Try asking at one of the big mac sites like MacNN.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Macs suck macs suck
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

God, I love Synergy...

doesn't solve my problem with the home/end keys in OS X, but it does mean I can control my windows, linux, and mac desktops concurrently without a kvm switch using the same keyboard and mouse.
                    B♭3

Comment

I thought you meant

Only feebs vote.

Comment

Thanks, Agathon.

Better question for me here - what is exactly a keychain? What is its purpose? I read up some help files on it but it doesn't make any sense to me. I'm too Windows oriented I guess.
                        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Working...
                        X