Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this happen to anyone else or am I going insane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this happen to anyone else or am I going insane?

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night so suddenly that I think that the dream I've been having is still true, this can result in some very strange behavior on my part. Once I woke up and then spent a few minutes telling my roommate that the Romance Languages Department now owned my window and I wouldn't believe when he said that that wasn't true. More recently I've told my fiance that there was a chair floating in the air next to the fridge and I kept on pointing at it apparently and then last night I woke up in the middle of the night convinced that I had to take the bedspread off the bed and put it on the floro, which didn't make my fiance too happy.

Does this happen to anyone else or am I sinking into insanity?
    Stop Quoting Ben

Can't say I've experienced it, but sounds like fun
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

More recently I've told my fiance that there was a chair floating in the air next to the fridge and I kept on pointing at it apparently

never had any trouble with it...i just fall out of bed if the dream starts to be to weird or sexy
      Bunnies!
      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Yeah I get sleep paralysis from time to time. And it's usually a part were I'm chased by killers too. So I'm awake (feels VERY real, even more real than realistic dreams, since it IS real), and I'm still in sleep mode, meaning I'm wake, I can't move, I can't breath good, and I think the killer is behind me about to stab me in the back with a large kitchen knife or machete, and I can't even move to face it to fight or something, I'm stuck, paralyzed, and very awake. It's not fun at all.. It can last like 10 seconds too or so.. pure horror. But it wears off quick.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
          Yeah I get sleep paralysis from time to time. And it's usually a part were I'm chased by killers too. So I'm awake (feels VERY real, even more real than realistic dreams, since it IS real), and I'm still in sleep mode, meaning I'm wake, I can't move, I can't breath good, and I think the killer is behind me about to stab me in the back with a large kitchen knife or machete, and I can't even move to face it to fight or something, I'm stuck, paralyzed, and very awake. It's not fun at all.. It can last like 10 seconds too or so.. pure horror. But it wears off quick.
          I used to get something similar, I can't even begin to explain how scary it is.

Comment

yeah.. it is scary. I don't get them so often anymore though.. and it was not like once a week either but say once or twice a month is bad enough, because it feels exactly like about to be killed and you can't move. The feeling stays (the bad feeling) even after you wake up for a little while. Not very nice... The 'I NEED TO RUN!' and you can't move, and you are damn semi wake.. not fun. But not too rare, happens to quite a lot of people. Mostly people who are sexy and intelligent.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

never had it that bad...but when i was younger i had the being chase dreams too...but i could only move in 1 direction...forward or backward...it was like i was stuck and couldnt move anymore...and the killer closer and closer...then i woke up...still scared ****less but able to move atleast
              Bunnies!
              Welcome to the DBTSverse!
              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
              'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                That sounds annoying but that's not what I have, I can move just fine (which is part of the problem) and I'm not scared just very very convinced that whatever strange thing I'm talking about is true.
                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Yeah, my wife occassionally does that, Bosh. It's just another form of sleepwalking. Don't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                    Yeah, my wife occassionally does that, Bosh. It's just another form of sleepwalking. Don't worry about it.
                    Good to hear it, the fiance was giving me some very strange looks this morning.
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Actually, your symptoms are part of schizofrenia. sorry man.
                      In da butt.

Comment

I used to have long, coherent conservations at night with my mother (when I was a teenager). It was only after one of them when she talked to me the next morning that the two of us figured out I was sleepwalking and had absolutely zero memory of them. It was a surreal moment.
                        The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                        And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                        Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                        Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

For my wife, this behavior waxes and wanes with the general level of stress that she's feeling. It hasn't happened in a while, but before the baby was born -

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
                            I used to have long, coherent conservations at night with my mother (when I was a teenager). It was only after one of them when she talked to me the next morning that the two of us figured out I was sleepwalking and had absolutely zero memory of them. It was a surreal moment.
                            Its even more surreal if you remember the conversation
                            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I was in High School at the time and under huge amounts of stress at home.
                              The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                              And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                              Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                              Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X