Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wal-Mart employees can't hitting it with eachother?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackCat
    I don't understand - why should sexual harrassment be involved in this ?
    In the US a person can sue their employer if any employee commits a crime like sexual harrassment if they can show the company didn't take some positive steps to reduce sexual harrassment and help prevent a permisive enviroment. That means the company has to show it is doing something to stop sexual harrassment so popular policies are paying workers to go to sexual harrassment education courses or cultural sensitivity training plus they like to come up with rules like no one in the company can date each other. They do that so that they have excuses to tell the court about how both of the couple were breaking company policy or that the accussed harrasser was breaking company policy, etc..

It's all a game to shift liability.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

... back to where it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Commy

Well, considering that Wal-mart has more profit than any other corporation in the world...even more than the oil companies...

This list is just American companies listed by largest profits per year. There are a great many nonAmerican companies which are extremely profitable and if included would bump Walmart even lower.

Rank Company Profit (in millions of $)
        1. Exxon Mobil 25,330.0
        2. Citigroup 17,046.0
        3. General Electric 16,593.0
        4. Bank of America Corp. 14,143.0
        5. ChevronTexaco 13,328.0
        6. Pfizer 11,361.0
        7. American Intl. Group 11,050.0
        8. Wal-Mart Stores 10,267.0
        9. Altria Group 9,416.0
        10. Johnson & Johnson 8,509.0
        Last edited by Dinner; June 19, 2005, 21:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Commy
          Well, considering that Wal-mart has more profit than any other corporation in the world...even more than the oil companies...

Besides, you just have to love corporations that except even the lowest classes of society and help the community...

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if Mr. Walmart does it because he is a true Social Democrat or because he justs wants PR and doesn't want the US imposing anti-trust laws on him....
          Nope. Still don't care. I'm neither an employee, investor, nor customer of Wal-mart.

We don't have Wal-mart in the city because the unions have managed to screw up expansion plans here by using some pretty dirty tactics. I don't think this is right and would welcome Wal-mart in town to minimize the influence of the unions. That's about as far as I get worked up over Wal-mart, either positively or negatively.
          Last edited by DanS; June 19, 2005, 21:35.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I don't often shop at Walmart but occationally it is good for something cheap and not to important. I'd never make a big purchase there like a TV or electronics but for towels, toilet paper, cheap pens, house hold stuff (hampers, trash cans, bathroom matts, candles, etc), and odd stuff like gym socks it isn't to bad. There clothes are dirt cheap but universally fall apart very quickly. If I had kids I'd buy baby clothes and stuff there since the kids would just outgrow nice clothes to quickly and if I needed things like oil filters or motor oil for my car I'd buy it there.

I'd never buy music, books, or magazines at Wal-Mart since they try to censor those items and I won't support that. Their flat pack furniture is even lower in quality then IKEA, if that is possible, so I'd avoid those items as well. In fact anything durable or over $50 I wouldn't buy at Wal-Mart. A cheap Chinese made BBQ is about as expensive as I'd go at that store since there stuff is all junk.

Comment

I don't often shop at Walmart but occationally it is good for something cheap and not to important

Yeah, I bought a plunger from there and a feather duster a few months ago. I hardly ever go there, but sometimes when I need something cheap and I'm around there, I figure, what the Hell.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

He's a Commy. Y'all really expect him to know the difference between profits and revenues?

Comment

I worked at walmart about 7 years ago while i was in school. While I was there this only applied if one of the people involved was managment and was a regular employee. I dated a girl that worked there with me and we even had two people get married while they both worked there. There were at least three other couples there.
                  Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

When I was 16 I worked at K-Mart and it was amazing how many 18-20 year olds worked there and got married. I got a different job as soon as possible, graduated, then went off to college but when I was 26 the manager was a guy who I used to work with 10 years before. I just walked in and so him so we talked for a minute or two. I think I'd shoot myself if I worked at a store like that for that long.

Comment

Was it BGH?
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Comment

Thank god he doesn't post here... Though we all know Target is the more upscale of the Wal-Mart type stores
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Yeah, he's a good guy and I know he's doing right by his family. But he lives in Oregon where the cost of living is more moderate where as this occured in California and I have no idea how someone survives on such low wages.

Comment

Working...
                            X