City employs homeless people to battle weeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
    I think we should destroy Arkansas and start over.
    Can we destroy the world and start over? Kill two birds with one stone.
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

There are some parts of the world that are decent.

Comment

Why should we let a couple of good eggs stop us?
        "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
        "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
        Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

There are some parts of the world that are decent.
          Your bathrooms don't count
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

They should have another program where they take people who have never worked a day in their life and show them what physical work is. It would go a long way in their personality development.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
              They should have another program where they take people who have never worked a day in their life and show them what physical work is. It would go a long way in their personality development.
              I agree, since this doesn't apply to me

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                I'm curious about the specific details behind this. Up to $600, is that per week or month if it's an ongoing program or for the entire course of the program if it only runs for a certain length of time each year?

You couldn't make $600 in a week being paid $50 a day, so 600 would seem to be the cap. And I don't think it's even per month - it sounds like an anual event.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

At first I thought it said, "City employs homeless people to battle weed." I was like, fox watching the henhouse, eh?
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                    In California bottles and cans come with a 5-cent deposit, so there are people who make a living cleaning them off the streets.
                    Yea, bottle deposits are a great idea. Stop litter, encourage recycling, give some income to kids and homeless, its a win-win-win situation.

I grew up in Michigan with a .10 deposit, I'm shocked how little people around here in Maryland/DC recycle. Especially since people around here are ALOT more liberal and environmental on the whole than anyone back in my hometown (one of, if not the most conservative county in the state). Yet everyone there recycles all their cans, people here just toss them out.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I agree, since this doesn't apply to me
                      Of course it doesn't. You let your mother do the work...
                      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                      And notifying the next of kin
                      Once again...

Comment

I would like this if it wheren't for the $600 cap.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                        X