Sound card drivers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound card drivers.

Here's the situation - I bought a new sound card (SB Live! 24 bit) but there's no drivers available for my OS (win98se - going to upgrade to XP in july).

Can I use the winme drivers (for that card) with win98se or am I going to have to wait until I upgrade my OS to use this sound card?
    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

I think you're buggered...none of those drivers are applicable...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

If you know the brand and model of sound card cant u just do search for the driver on line?Find it then downloead it?
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

That's the thing. They don't exist.

Comment

I know on my desk top i run win me and it is very good bout finding drivers but you have to install the os to get them to work i think
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

The WinME ones should work.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

No it won't...trust me...the drivers are structured more like the NT/XP ones...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I think it's worth a try, IIRC I used to mix'n match when Using '98 or WinME.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

The current install of win is just over 2 years old and has seen a rather large number of crashes due to games. So I'm not really willing to risk having to reinstall and then having to do it all again in a few months.

I'll wait and endure the MB's onboard sound until then. Thank-you for your replies.
                  There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                    I think it's worth a try, IIRC I used to mix'n match when Using '98 or WinME.
                    Yeah, if you want a BSOD on bootup...
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Err, we're talking about ME here...you'll get those no matter what you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Qilue
                        The current install of win is just over 2 years old and has seen a rather large number of crashes due to games.
                        It seems that you should have done a clean reinstall a year ago.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                        X