M.i.a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.i.a

Who's got her album? For those who haven't heard about her, she's a Brit, originally from Sri Lanka. Her father is part of the Tigers, a revolutionary group there. From what I heard, her music is a weird mix of rap, dance hall, garage and idm. And she looks like a sexy tigress And her album got very good reviews, as you can see:

Otoh, she can't dance. Its quite funny, really. In fact, her whole act lacks polish. But that's part of her charm
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

My ears are now bleeding, ass.

Comment

Good, good!

*nostromo cackles, not doing a good job at it*

You have to free yourself from the control of the top 40 stations.
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Did you post suggesting listening to this music knowing its crap?

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
          Did you post suggesting listening to this music knowing its crap?
          No its not bad actually. I might buy it. But if you're used to top 40 stations, I realize M.I.A may sound like weird ****, or maybe even crap. I've been listening to weird **** for a long, long time. You should probably listen to more weird ****, to break the spell.

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo

No its not bad actually. I might buy it. But if you're used to top 40 stations, I realize M.I.A may sound like weird ****, or maybe even crap. I've been listening to weird **** for a long, long time. You should probably listen to more weird ****, to break the spell.
            I feel bad for you man.

I listen to heavy, punk, and classic rock, classical music, some oddball songs from the 70s and 80s, and stuff like Louis Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennet, etc. I also listen to the occasional rap song, usually Eminem, 50 Cent, or Tupac Shakur.

M.I.A. sounds like a car crash.

edit: like that Madonna song where she tries to rap.

Comment

Lets get space some Webern or Berg and see how he likes it!
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                I cant find either of those. Is that thier full names?

Comment

Nah. That Stockhaüsen one with the helicopters.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Anton Webern:

Site dedicated to one of the 20th century's greatest composers. Includes photos, biography, downloadable MP3s, opus list, and links. Requires Flash 8 to view.

Alban Berg:

Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Or the Honneger one with the car horns...
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Anton Webern:

Site dedicated to one of the 20th century's greatest composers. Includes photos, biography, downloadable MP3s, opus list, and links. Requires Flash 8 to view.

Alban Berg:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alban_Berg
                        Weberns site isnt working properly, the music they have just leads to broken links.

And I cant find music for either of them on Dell Jukebox.

Im listening to Fefe Dobson right now, I love some womens voices, they just melt me.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us

I feel bad for you man.
                          Thanks, you don't have to.

I listen to heavy, punk, and classic rock, classical music, some oddball songs from the 70s and 80s, and stuff like Louis Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennet, etc. I also listen to the occasional rap song, usually Eminem, 50 Cent, or Tupac Shakur.
                          Its all good stuff, but nothing experimental here. Now I understand why you're not receptive to her music. Mind you, I haven't made my final verdict yet. I'm just saying that the samples I listened to are strangely appealing.

Comment

@ Boris and Agathon

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                              It's not that weird. It sounds to me like fairly derivative garage with more Sri Lanka and less polish. I would be unsurprised if this or something similar was heavily played on top 40 stations in the UK. (Which is why I avoid them)
                              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                              X