Farseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farseer

Thanks to someone somewhere I started reading Assassins Apprentice yesterday and am now halfway done with it. Not only is the book a page-turner, but I found myself reflecting on many of the situations that Fitz experiences as well as many phrases put there by the author. It is excellently written, to say the least, and am enjoying it immensely. So, whoever told me to read it, thanks.

Even though it's corny, I like how the royalty tie themselves to a name that describes how they are, a specific attribute, or what they do. Prince Chivalry is chivalrous, King Shrewd is shrewd, Princesses Patience can't have kids, etc... It is as though they can't escape their namesake. If you had such a name, what would like to be named?
    Monkey!!!

Why can't Princess Patience have kids? Patience is THE virtue to have if you would have kids.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

maybe she will, I don't know, I'm only in the first book...
      Monkey!!!

Comment

I started reading Assassin's Apprentice and never could get into it. I put it down after about 100 pages and haven't had a chance to get back to it.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Excellent series...the middle trilogy is the weakest, but it's still better than most others I've read lately.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I like the writing, many of them fantasy writers I can't read, like Goodkind. It did take me a while to get into the style though, and I can see how someone would have problems with it like Boris did. No biggy, a lot of ppl like authors I loathe.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Farseer was good

Goodkind is terrible drek

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
              X