No announcement yet.

Poll - Best Hand-gun for Concealed Carry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get an M-119 self propelled howitzer. They even have laser guided rounds. No one will mess with you.

Gang bangers often carry their guns tucked under the beltline. I've often wondered if carrying the gun like that might put pressure on the handgrip sufficient to release the handgrip safety, potentially inflicting a loss of status within the gang.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I've used an Ithaca Model-37 pump action shot-gun for home defense for years. You forgot one other item - the sound of a pump shotgun being chambered when the MF in your house doesn't have the person pumping the shotgun in his sites is an EXTREMELY intimidating sound. I plan to get a programmable doorbell and record that sound when my little girl is older and starts dating.
      The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
      And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
      Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
      Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

You have to squeeze with adequate pressure while pulling the trigger - our local moron (who was drunk) had the thing in his pocket, and he managed to squeeze both.

We never found out if he lived or died or what shape he's in, but he won't be doing much to anyone one way or another.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

The people who are walking around with guns down their shorts should have the largest possible weapon. That way when they shoot themselves there is the highest likelyhood of death.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
            You have to squeeze with adequate pressure while pulling the trigger - our local moron (who was drunk) had the thing in his pocket, and he managed to squeeze both.

We never found out if he lived or died or what shape he's in, but he won't be doing much to anyone one way or another.
            I have a glock, the handgrip safety is nice. But it is weird not having any other safeties on the gun. I'm real careful with it.

Comment

and no one has mentioned the deringer.

Comment

anyone know where I can get a Pancor Jackhammer? I've always wanted one

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Get Glaser safety slugs - they're partly jacketed, nylon capped and have 300 or so tiny little steel balls. They break apart on contact with the first thing they hit (so no downrange penetration of a buiding if you **** up and miss they guy you're trying to shoot), and they'll deal serious damage (full kinetic energy transfer) to your target.
                  Are these legal? They sound nastier than dum-dum bullets, like they're designed to shred the internal organs of the target.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

I have a glock, the handgrip safety is nice. But it is weird not having any other safeties on the gun. I'm real careful with it.
                    Glocks are dangerous side arms. The handgrip safety doesn't work and I forgot how many Iraqis shot themselves or the ground below them because of the lack of a proper safety.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Somebody makes a superb 5-shot .357 miniframe revolver. A guy I met carries it with him all the time unless he has to go through a detector. Small enough to fit in your front pants pocket as long as you aren't wearing tight jeans.
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Are these legal? They sound nastier than dum-dum bullets, like they're designed to shred the internal organs of the target.
                        Perfectly legal - they sell 'em even in liberal California. They're designed to disperse kinetic energy even on something like a sheetrock wall, so a miss won't accidentally kill an innocent party (unless you directly hit them).

The lethality is pretty low, because the lack of mass of the individual balls prevents much penetration, but hydrostatic shock can cause a problem to organs and abdominal-thoracic cavity vascular system if you hit there, but that's true even with higher powered FMJ rounds that penetrate through and through.
                        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

What about non-lethal bullets that can temporarily disable an attacker?

Such as "rubber" bullets?
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Mr. Fun, sadly that kind of bullet (rubber) has substantially less stopping power. If you need your firearm, then you need to be willing to kill someone. My wife was technically a probation officer working with adolescents during one of her internships, and could have gotten a concealed-carry permit before they were widely available in Ohio. She couldn't conceive killing someone, so we didn't get one. Two of the little bastards tried to set her up for a rape, FYI, but she managed to extract herself safely from the situation. She still won't carry.

MtG, I haven't studied pistol rounds much. I've heard anecdotally - from my law-enforcement friend - that they actually have a high immediate lethality. I'm curious about the difference in his statement versus yours.
                            The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                            And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                            Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                            Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

I would advise against carrying any firearm. You set yourself up to go to prison for the rest of your life. Even if you use it for self defense no one will believe you (unless you are in your own home). Guns are only good for home defense (and even then they are useless if you can't use them). It's simply not the risk of going to prison. Yes, I'd rather die than be raped in prison.

But one thing I do wonder about, is the legality of non lethal weapons. Now we've all been hearing stories about those tasers killing people. But I still think it's better to carry those. Legally, you should be in much better ground. Though in my city they are trying to ban non lethal weapons. Which makes no sense. You can carry guns, but you can't carry non lethal weapons. . there is a small chance the person can die when shocked, but the weapon is still designed to be non lethal. I doubt they could charge you with assault with a deadly weapon. And a self defense defense is much more belieavable.

Comment

Working...
                              X