Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would the world respond if we learned the DNA of mitochondria, was pi?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would the world respond if we learned the DNA of mitochondria, was pi?

How would you, how would the world respond if we learned the DNA of mitochondria, was pi?

In base 4 obviously...... for those of you unaware, mitochondria are a part of every cell in our body which is responsible for energy production. We did discover(don't remember who) that it has it's own unique DNA.

How would the world respond if today, someone realized the DNA of mitochondria was, pi, up to the number of places that there are DNA pairs in mitochondria?

That's pretty much impossible, for two reasons: 1, pi is supposed to have an equal frequency of every digit, which is not true for DNA at all, and 2, DNA has a LOT of long repeated sequences.

EDIT: and 3: there is no particular sequence that is "mitochondrial DNA". Mitochondrial DNA sequences are actually highly variable.

Comment

Hypothetical what if. Assume it is-I know it is not possible.

Comment

pi or phi?..i woul be more scared is if was phi then pi actually
        Bunnies!
        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Would it be like if there was a drawing of a circle in pi, if you went far enough?
          mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

Meh.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

No, the actual numbers Adrian.

Comment

Is this another Star Wars thread?

Comment

Teh Templars would come and get you
                  Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
                    Some math types would start a cult about it. Sane scientists would be curious about the reason of the occurence. Sane ordinary people wouldn't care one nothch about it.
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

"The Worst Enemy Lies Within The Self"

Dry, old cookie for reference.
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

How would you ... respond if we learned the DNA of mitochondria, was pi?
                        I would vomit profusely.
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

This has to be the stupidest question ever asked.
                          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

How would Apolyton resond if we learned a thread by Vesayen, was not inane?
                            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Actually, I'd assume it was spam.

Congratulations, you're the winner of the "stupidest thread of the day award"

and the prize is.....

When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                              X