Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New World Record

just googled for a english link but here is the story:

a 22 year old (which means he i still allowed to run in the until-23 championships) beat the world record on the 100 m sprint...the biggest thing there is to do in the king of sports...

just want to say to Asafa Powell

and that he is only 2 years older than me and runs almost 1.5 seconds faster then me
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

So you run 100m in about 11 seconds? That's quite impressive, too. Especially for a smoker.
    justice is might

Comment

ok that is my personal best i stop with sports after i broke my foot in a american football match and had to lay in bed for 3 weeks (that is the same time i started smoking)
      Bunnies!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

Well of course it's the King of Sports, but then... when watching I feel like a woman sleeping with a bad man

Comment

meaning..that you are just intimidated?... a lot of the US sprinters have a upper body that is ridicules big and not needed...you do need upper body strength but really not like morris green has...that is just for show...legs and abs (mostly abs) are the importent muscles for sprinting
          Bunnies!

Comment

...and you need the right coloured skin to do sub 10 secs...;O)

Comment

partly true...but that is not because of the skin but because of genetic trait that a lot of african decendence have more short muscles then long muscles making them faster on short distances...
              Bunnies!

Comment

Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
                meaning..that you are just intimidated?... a lot of the US sprinters have a upper body that is ridicules big and not needed...you do need upper body strength but really not like morris green has...that is just for show...legs and abs (mostly abs) are the importent muscles for sprinting
                nah, because it's over right after it began
                sorry, I didn't know if you got it or not

The true King of Sports I'd say is the Marathon, this is going to a humans extreme much more than the 100m sprint, plus it's not just pure strength, if you have the wrong strategy you'll lose as well.

Comment

i didnt...but i makes sense now

it is true isnt the best sport (sprinting in particular) the watch...but ones you have experience of waiting behind the blocks and hearing:' gentlemen get ready.........on your marks.....get set....'
                  or if you are getting ready for your 6th jump in longjump and look down towards the place wear you are going to jump...and then jump so perfectly that you win and destroy your own personal best....

you are hooked for ever...trust me...

only stupid me also had to start playing american football with it and broke my foot
                  Bunnies!

Comment

partly true...but that is not because of the skin but because of genetic trait that a lot of african decendence have more short muscles then long muscles making them faster on short distances...
                    I know all that, I was well aware that having black skin doe not make an athlete more aerodynamic.

Comment

i know but this is finally a subject that i know a little about...so i am posting away as much as i can
                      Bunnies!

Comment

i didnt...but i makes sense now

it is true isnt the best sport (sprinting in particular) the watch...but ones you have experience of waiting behind the blocks and hearing:' gentlemen get ready.........on your marks.....get set....'
                        or if you are getting ready for your 6th jump in longjump and look down towards the place wear you are going to jump...and then jump so perfectly that you win and destroy your own personal best....

you are hooked for ever...trust me...

only stupid me also had to start playing american football with it and broke my foot
                        Actually in such situations I always get so overnervous that I always **** it up. Anyway sprinting is okay, but it's more show than everything else. Ofc they have to make a show out of it... for obvious reasons.

Comment

i know but this is finally a subject that i know a little about...so i am posting away as much as i can
                          I know the feeling (very rarely). Enjoy!

Comment

11 secs in the 100m is darn good. I did a lot of track & field in HS and college -- never the short dashes for me.
                            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

11.05 to be exact...that was when i was 18 dont no for sure...i did mostly did 100m, longjump, some 200 (mostly because it was also sprinting) and did some decathlon was i was 17/18 but i was terrible in shotput, hurdles, pole vault (sp?) and 400 and 1500. and indoor ofcourse 60 m

EDIT: thanks reds4ever
                              Bunnies!

Comment

Working...
                              X