Recommend me two White Stripes albums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me two White Stripes albums

Hey, so I've been listening to a few songs of the White Stripes for a while and I really love their sound. The unique blusey sound is just amazing to me. I know they've just released their 5th studio album, but I don't have cash to buy 5 albums at the moment .

However, I COULD buy 2 albums. Which 2 are their best, IYO? Which two are worth my cash?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Definately White Blood Cells.
    Punk Kittens - They ROCK! by Joel Veitch rathergood.com - music White Stripes - Fell in Love With a Girl

Then I'd also get their self-titled debut.

BTW, they have six albums.

1999 The White Stripes
    2000 De Stijl
    2001 White Blood Cells
    2002 Maximum
    2003 Elephant
    2005 Get Behind Me Satan
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I said this is diss' thread, but www.artistdirect.com is very good reference site.

In looking, Elephant might be one I'd try, Imran.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Ah, the White Stripes A band I totally and happily missed at last year's Lowlands festival
        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
        And notifying the next of kin
        Once again...

Comment

Their new one is a little too weird, though some of it's good...

I'd say their debut and White Blood Cells, though Elephant's almost up there.
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

De Stijl is really good (I'm listening to it right now). It'd be a toss-up between this and The White Stripes.

One of my managers at J&J gave me copies of four WS cds without me even asking for them. Man I miss that dude.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Punk kittens are scary .

SLOW! Looks like you are posting more often around here .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Stompy kittens are scariest.

Comment

Many WS tunes sound like Led Zeppelin at their bluesiest. It's scarey how much Jack White sounds like Jimmy Page.

Comment

Now you're going with a stoned frog for an avatar?
                    Ok then.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You say 6 albums, but it seems most sites have 5. Was Maximum a special album or something?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        Now you're going with a stoned frog for an avatar?
                        Ok then.
                        It's Herreson's frog version of a famous Russian commie poster from the civil war.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          You say 6 albums, but it seems most sites have 5. Was Maximum a special album or something?
                          Sorry, the AMG website has no info on the album other than what's on it. Amazon doesn't have anything on it either.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I meant... it doesn't seem to have the same supporting info as the others.

Btw, frogs are soooo like year .

Comment

I can't help it. I really love Herreson's frogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X