X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carolus Rex
    You have supported war? The Iraq war?

Carolus
    yes I supported the Iraq war. I feel bad about that.

Comment

I spell girl with a b.

AND I love to fight.

And I think even though WWII, it totally rocked in a way that we have now interesting material and documentaries and propaganda material. WAR.. it's a RUSH!
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

IW,

A short description can be found here:

Join us January 18–28 for the 2025 Sundance Film Festival. See films on the mountain in beautiful Utah or watch from home with on-demand online viewing — the choice is yours!

Dis,

I'm glad you changed your point of view (or are you trolling?)!

Carolus

Comment

I should be more honest. While I don't support war, I can't help but be fascinated by it, and interested in it.

For instance, I was very fascinated by the account of the navy seal who escaped certain death in afghanistan recently. He shed all his equipment and ran for miles before collapsing in a local village. where a village leader reported him to the american forces. I would like to learn more about the operation and what happened there.

As for the afghanistan war. I'm undecided on that one. It's really beyond my control anyways. What I feel has no bearing on the world. But I feel we are over our heads. The U.S. just doesn't have the capability to wage a war of this magnitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

I should be more honest. While I don't support war, I can't help but be fascinated by it, and interested in it.
            Well, this is true for most people. You almost sound ashamed of it, why?

Carolus

Comment

because it's not cool to be excited about people being killed.

But you can't help but think of the glorious battles of ww2.

but then when you see the first hand effects of war (as in Iraq), you feel bad for the people living in those places.

We americans have had the luxery of never having war waged on our territory since the 19th century. We get to see all the glorious victories, but none of the bad stuff. Though the media has changed that slightly. But that trend has reversed itself with Fox news which doesn't show the bad stuff in war.

Comment

As you say, media (especially the film industry) has glorified war... I don't believe there exists such a thing as a "glorious battle" in the real world...

Being interested in war is quite human IMHO...

Carolus

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

but then when you see the first hand effects of war (as in Iraq), you feel bad for the people living in those places.
                  Be happy that you have that feeling of empathy... I know grown-up up men (collegues of mine I'm sad to say), to whom war is like an exciting video game...

Carolus

Comment

Haven't seen it and if it was shown on DR1/2, I would be very supicious. Those channels are a bit biased and I want confirmation from other sources before I belive them.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Haven't seen it and if it was shown on DR1/2, I would be very supicious. Those channels are a bit biased and I want confirmation from other sources before I belive them.
                      Yeah, hey, don't trust my judgment for a sec...

Carolus

Comment

Working...
                      X