Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$500 for a new laptop! Is it a good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin
    I can't believe any company is still shipping products with NiMH batteries since they have memory. If you ever plugged that laptop in without totally discharging it first then you'd damage the battery. In a month or two you'd have just a few minutes of life on the battery before needing another recharge. That's a serious flaw.
    You're thinking of NiCd batteries. NiMHs don't have memory. In fact, they get damaged if they're discharged too much. When that happens, the only way to have a chance at salvaging them is to get a high-end charger that can condition them.

SP
    I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Fve Crathva

You're thinking of NiCd batteries. NiMHs don't have memory. In fact, they get damaged if they're discharged too much. When that happens, the only way to have a chance at salvaging them is to get a high-end charger that can condition them.

SP
      You're wrong. They have less memory than NiCd batteries, but they still have memory.

Battery Universityâ„¢ is a free educational website offering hands-on battery information.

Less prone to memory than nickel-cadmium - fewer exercise cycles are required.
      Last edited by Nostromo; June 12, 2005, 22:57.
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Fine, they have a minor memory effect that doesn't appear with normal use, and can be erased by a full-charge cycle.

SP
        I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

Working...
        X