Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything better than Family Guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrested Devolpment

Pure genius

" I may, may, have commited....'light treason'."
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

The thing I don't like about the new Fmaily Guy's nad even American Dad, is that there seem to be fewer jokes per capita. It has somewhat the same spirit, but is lacking in the coolenss department.

Not so much that there is a defecit, but there isn't a surpluslike ther used to be.

It may be because Seth McFarlane has to spread the jokes out among two shows whereas before he only had one.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Samurai Champloo
        Cowboy Bebop
        Battlestar Galacticca
        Big O
        Trigun
        are all better shows.

Family Guy is decent.
        What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
        What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Family Guy sucks. There's no one to root for on the show. Stewie is racist and sexist. Brian's a jerk. Ditto for Lois.

And the humour overrelies on absurdity and underrelies on other methods.
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Who says you have to root for anyone on a show for it to be good?

The other point (about the humor) is well taken.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Family Guy is OK, thought the first two episodes were great, and everything afterwards was OK.

Simpsons from season 3 to season 7 were far superior.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                Family Guy sucks. There's no one to root for on the show. Stewie is racist and sexist. Brian's a jerk. Ditto for Lois.

And the humour overrelies on absurdity and underrelies on other methods.
                Brian is the best (as in good) character on the show. and there's nothing wrong with Lois. She's a good woman.

And Quagmire is an upstanding citizen. You can't find anything wrong with his character.

and all the characters on Seinfeld were despicable, yet that show was hugely popular.

Comment

And Quagmire is an upstanding citizen. You can't find anything wrong with his character.

Comment

Working...
                  X