Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything better than Family Guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

down with banana options

Aren't they a little cliche' at this point?

Comment

What's wrong with a good old cliche?
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

Banana option

Family Guy
        The Simpsons
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
          What do the last two options mean?
          The same as the first two options

Worst.Poll.Ever
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Family Guy It has it's moments, but not many.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Best thing on television. Battlestar Galactica.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

you guys wouldn't know good comedy if it kicked you in the ass.

Comment

Life of Brian -- the best comedy
                  Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

Originally posted by DerSchwarzfalke
                    Life of Brian -- the best comedy
                    Yep, one of the greats

Family Guy is ok. Not that great, though. Maybe its great compared to the mediocre competition. But, imo, its nowhere near the level of the Simpsons (in their glory days, now they're washed up). An it'll never achieve the level of greatness of Seinfeld. But if it makes you laugh, Diss, good fo you
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

American Dad may rise to challenge Family Guy but I have the feeling that it won't ever be quite as good as Family Guy.

Comment

never heard of the show
                        Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Its the new show the creator of Family guy is making.

Comment

Tonight's American Dad was the first one that actually caused me to laugh consistently. God help me, that show is growing on me.

And, honestly, I think The Simpsons still have it. I have rewatched in syndication some episodes from 2000 forward that I absolutely hated and found hysterical stuff I missed the first time I viewed them. That has always been the key to the Simpson's success: new jokes found on repeat viewings. I always find something new to laugh at, even after I've seen every episode easily more than a dozen times.
                            Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

Simpsons isn't as consistantly funny as they used to be, but they still have hilarious bits here and there.

I loved when Mr. Burns took over the symphony hall they had built and turned it into a prison. I forget all the lines, but he was saying his would be much better than abu grab (spelling is way off, I know) prison. He said he'd get a much better person to point at genetalia. .

Comment

I'd argue right now, that Mr. Show is better. Evne the edited versions on COmedy Central.

The thing I don't like about the new Fmaily Guy's nad even American Dad, is that there seem to be fewer jokes per capita. It has somewhat the same spirit, but is lacking in the coolenss department.

Not so much that there is a defecit, but there isn't a surpluslike ther used to be.
                                Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                                Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Working...
                                X