Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything better than Family Guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anything better than Family Guy?

New episodes are back on tv. Perhaps the greatest tv moment since the moon landing in '69 and the last episode of Mash.

Okay so some have complained they aren't as good as the old episodes, but they are still pretty funny. Yeah I have to tape them and watch them later. Just got done watching.

Sperm dumpster. . Hilarious stuff. Classic comedy.
    yes
    36.36%
    affirmitive
    0.00%
    si
    18.18%
    oui
    45.45%

What do the last two options mean?

Comment

Yes, Arrested Development and Deadwood are far better.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Banana.
        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

ahh deadwood. The show were even intelligent white women from the big city say the word ********er every 10 seconds.

You can't get a more accurate representation of the old west.

Comment

You can't get a show with better dialog and character development than Deadwood. Last year it was merely nominated for an Emmy. This year it WILL win it.

Oh, and Alma Garrett has never said ********er throughout the entire show's run, so sorry, but you is wrong .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

the blonde chick has said it. She seemed like she was from a good upbringing.

regardless, was that word even in use at the time? The language is a big turnoff for me. I expect it in the Sopranos, but not this.

Comment

My dictionary dates ********er to 1890-95.
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

the blonde chick has said it. She seemed like she was from a good upbringing.

She's a WHORE!

(Unless you are speaking of Martha Bullock, and I didn't think you watched the show into the 2nd season, but gave it up in the middle of the 1st)

regardless, was that word even in use at the time? The language is a big turnoff for me. I expect it in the Sopranos, but not this.

Oh come on... you watch such realistic shows like "The Family Guy", but using the word ********er in a show about the 1880s Old West turns you off? WTF? Would you rather they used the old time curses so you'd have no idea what the Hell they are talking about?

Comment

Arrested Development
                    Family Guy ....
                    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Deadwood
                      Arrested Development
                      The Venture Brothers
                      Family Guy
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

The Simpsons and Futurama are both a notch above Family Guy, imo. I love all three shows though.

Arrested Development and Venture Brothers are honorable mentions.
                        Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

Ehrm, after have grown up withMonty Phython, those shows mentioned are just - well to be nice - boring.
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Ah, another American tv show i don't have to watch

And Diss, you are one of the veterans here and yet you start a poll without the banana option???
                            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                            And notifying the next of kin
                            Once again...

Comment

I'm going to go with big time sensuality as better. Especially if it's with Bjork.

Bjorkalicious.
                              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                              Drake Tungsten
                              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                              Albert Speer

Comment

Working...
                              X