Vroom Vroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vroom Vroom

So I've got a fulltime job, I enjoy driving, and my girlfriend lives a hundred and twenty five miles away. I've decided that it's time I got myself one of those driving things.

I'm looking for a used car that would cost me no more than ten or twelve thousand dollars. It needs to be sturdy because I'll be traveling to see my girlfriend a lot (and soon she's going to be even farther away). It needs to... erm... move forward and backward... yah, that's about it.

Also, it doesn't need to be an American car, but I need to be able to buy it in America, being as how that's where I live.

What would the people of Apolyton recommend?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Get one that can also be steered to the left and right.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

dont buy american, it sucks. one of the worse cars you can ever get.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Yes. Steering is important too. Forgot about that facet. Although I95 is pretty straight...
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yeah, get a Trabant - it's reliable and you can repair it yourself.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Hey that look's hideous!

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
              dont buy american, it sucks. one of the worse cars you can ever get.
              Do you even own a car?

I suspect not and that you're just pissed off about Euro cars always ranking last in the quality surveys.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Tell us what country you live in and what else you need in a car.

Comment

Also, it doesn't need to be an American car, but I need to be able to buy it in America, being as how that's where I live.

Buy Toyota or Honda if it's a used car.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Toyota and Honda

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                      Tell us what country you live in and what else you need in a car.
                      Err, America.

I don't need much else in a car, really. I want something that will last. Something that can take the large number of miles I'm going to put on it. It needs to have good gas mileage. It doesn't need to be very large. If there are any cars that come with monkeys, that would be a major plus...

Comment

Would you guys suggest that I steal a car? I've heard that's cheaper than buying...

Comment

What city do you live in? Newark?
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Suburb of Maryland.

Comment

So light snow driving a ew weeks out of the year but nothing else. I'd go with Front Wheel Drive in that price range though a used Subaru might be had. Subis aren't fancy but their reliab le and they've got great AWD systems as standard.

First thing you need to do is go to Edmunds.com and/or Kelly Blue Book's website to find out what's in your price range. It would also help to pick up a few Autotraders just to leaf through and get a feel for what's on the market and at what prices. Then go to the library and read a few used car guides. This is likely to be the biggest purchase you make for a good long while so don't rush into things without being informed.

Comment

Working...
                              X