X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wine not whine

do you know anything about wine?
    whats your favorite or do you have one?
    if you don't drink wine what do you drink?

im about to open an Australian pinot noir.
    ive been sort of tasting my way through the countries.
    Last edited by boann; June 11, 2005, 02:27.
    "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

My favorite wines are:
    all of them

Try and find out if there is a wine-tasting course near you. That's the best way to really discover the wonderful world that is wine.

My favorite reds are:
    zinfindel
    shiraz / syrrah (same thing)
    pinot noir
    trabbiano

favorite whites are:
    chardonnay
    sauvagnon blanc
    pinot grigio (pinot gris)
    reisling
    gevurtziminer (i spelled that wrong)

My least favorite is:
    merlot (and has been for over a decade, you johny-Sideways-watchin' come latelys!)

I also recommend joining a wine club, such as:
    DomainMarket.com sells premium domain names to entrepreneurs, businesses, and nonprofits that want to dominate their online marketplaces and control great brands.

or
    Last edited by chequita guevara; June 10, 2005, 20:05.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

* ive been sort of tasting my way through the countries.

That are one of the more interesting ways to learn a country to know at a distance - often filled with joy and pleasance.

Some of my favourites are

Californian Zinfandel wines
      Chateau Neuf du pape wines
      Barolo from Italy
      Garrafeiras from Protugal (sadly they vere better in the 80'es )

and then there are all the others wich just is nice to drink
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

* gevurtziminer (i spelled that wrong)

You can say that - I guess that you mean

gewürztraminer

wich is good, just as the Chardonnay blanc
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I've only puked once from drinking and it from drinking too much wine.

And what a puke it was...

Since then the thought of wine turns my stomach... pity too since I really enjoyed drinking it.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
            I've only puked once from drinking and it from drinking too much wine.

And what a puke it was...

Since then the thought of wine turns my stomach... pity too since I really enjoyed drinking it.
            You could start with just half a bottle of wine and keep the rest for next day. Most ordinary wines can easily survive for 24 hours, so no risk of waste.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

so much wine and so little time... lol
              well the Australian pinot noir was really good.

sometimes you guys really surprise me.

im a member of the local fine arts center
              and they have wine tastings quite often.
              though ive not been to one yet.
              a wine club that sounds interesting
              "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

I'm pretty particular. I'll take wine with a cork over wine with a screw top, and both of those over wine in a box any day.
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

There are over 4000 wineries in Bordeaux. The frogs know how to do things right.
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Bordeaux is overrated overpriced export crap. We keep the good ones to ourselves

I don't classify wines with its kind of grape (Chardonnay, Sauvignon, Shiraz etc.), so I couldn't give you an interesting answer.

Save for Riesling and Gewürtzraminer, which are almost always good enought that they please the guests
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Re: wine not whine

Originally posted by boann
                      do you know anything about wine?
                      whats your favorite or do you have one?
                      if you don't drink wine what do you drink?
                      no.

no.

Milk, Diet Coke, water.

Comment

I like wine...

don't know much

my favorites are generally Merlot

but I like most everything (there have been some Whites I ddint' like, don't remember what they were (But they were cheap))

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

These are the best wines I ever tasted.

Cigalus 1997
                          Virtuoso Primitivo 2000
                          Chateau Liot 1999
                          Souvrana 1995

My favourite red wines are Primitivo, Tempranillo, Zinfandel and Medoc. Chegitz is wrong about Merlot- there are great ones out there, but they aren't from the US. Chile makes fantastic ones.

For whites, I drink mainly Gewurztraminer. However if I'm going to indulge myself, I go for a Sauternes- pricey but fantastic.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

My favourite wine is white with a drop of lemonade
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue
                              My favourite wine is white with a drop of lemonade
                              Eeeeuuwww - I guess that you also put cola in your Scotch single malt whiskey

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X