No announcement yet.

Different boards == different personas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different boards == different personas?

Anyone else guilty of this?

The boards I post on besides 'Poly are astronomy/soccer and boxing based.

On the soccer and boxing boards you need to be pretty forceful (abusive?) to get your point across (esp boxing) whereas in the astronomy forums everyone is very polite and I tend to follow suit. 'Poly seems (to me) to be a happy medium for my personas.

Has anyone else got multiple online personalities?
    Last edited by reds4ever; June 10, 2005, 19:32.

Ploly?
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
      Ploly?
      ?

Comment

Yes, at another forum I'm like the sensible and responsible dude. Irritating though, but responsible.

Around here, I'm just irritating.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

On other forums my threads aren't arbitrarily deleted, which tends to have an effect on my posting style/persona.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Re: Different boards == different personas?

Originally posted by reds4ever

On the soccer

Oh, and no.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Re: Re: Different boards == different personas?

Originally posted by alva

Oh, and no.

..err football. I must be mellowing....

Comment

Similar persona on different boards (other ones I frequent deal with drawing comics and architecture) however the character of the boards are quite different (the arch. board has a mostly urban population, while the comic board has an average age of 18) so naturally I act a little different.
                Visit First Cultural Industries
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

At one board, I was a musty tyrant. At this board, I am merely climbing the ladder ...
                  Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

i have standards to uphold. i am always self biased, or on one board, selfbiased as they don't allow spaces in usernames. and the italics. i continue my proud tradition other places as well.
                    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

strange double post...
                      Last edited by Dis; June 12, 2005, 13:24.

Comment

You can say that. But most other forums I post at, are on topic forums. So I don't go talking about star wars on the Metallica forums.

Yes, I do kind of hide my geeky side when visiting those forums.

At counterglow I'm more spamier than I am here.

Most other forums I post at are on topic. Though sometimes at imdb I tend to spam (depending on the thread and movie). But forums such as Bioware, and Bethesda I only post on topic.

You'll find if I'm playing a particular game or just finished watching a particular movie I have to talk about it. So I only post on Bioware Baldur's Gate 2 forums when I'm playing Baldur's Gate 2. And I only post on Bethesda Morrowind boards when I'm playing Morrowind, or Obsidian when I'm playing KOTOR2, or imdb (stars wars ep3) after watching the star wars movie, etc., etc.

Comment

I post on some rugby league boards..I'm more respectful on there because most of them are big guys and I tend to see them tanked up at rugby games. Not somewhere you want to troll!
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                          X