Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFun
    I'm curious . . . . . .

is there any difference between a rub and a marinade?
    One is dry the other is wet.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

A marinade is liquid mix that both flavors and tenderizes (with acid) if it is flavor only, that is some other word that I do not recall.
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
        Winter is not BBQ season. That just proves how strange polytubbies are. It's a fact that grills do not sell in the winter.
        Just becasue california dickheads are too stupid to barbeque in winter does not mean that the rest of us are.
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
          A marinade is liquid mix that both flavors and tenderizes (with acid) if it is flavor only, that is some other word that I do not recall.
          Probably a brine.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Tomato ketchup and chilli powder The simpler the better
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Never ask a Brit for food advice.

Comment

Waiting for molly bloom to drop by

*Gets popcorn out*
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
                  Since when is winter BBQ season?
                  It is whereever there are fall and winter hunting seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                    Winter is not BBQ season. That just proves how strange polytubbies are. It's a fact that grills do not sell in the winter.
                    Where I live people BBQ year round. There is never a bad time to be outdoors except during the odd rain storm.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                      There is never a bad time to be outdoors except during the odd rain storm.
                      Whimp.

Comment

In deed.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

One is dry the other is wet.

ok
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

What's wrong with chilli powder and ketchup for a great BBQ taste? It's pretty good
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Southwestern Tri-Tip Steak

Loaded with cilantro, this tri-tip steak is marinated in beer, wine and lots of flavor. Choose a dark beer for a richer flavor and add more pepper flakes to heat it up.

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 pound tri-tip steak
                              * 2 cups red wine
                              * 1 can of beer
                              * 1 small red onion, sliced
                              * juice from 6 to 8 limes
                              * 1/4 cup fresh cilantro,chopped
                              * 1/2 teaspoon salt
                              * 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
                              * 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
                              * 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin

PREPARATION:
                              Combine all ingredients except the tri-tip steaks and stir. Place steaks in a large baking dish or a resealable bag. Pour marinade over steaks. Let sit for several hours (up to 24). Preheat grill. Place steaks on grill over a medium high heat. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until they reach desired doneness. Let steaks rest for about 5 minutes before you serve them.

If you want to add some extra heat to the marinade chop up a seeded jalapeno pepper and toss it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                                If you want to add some extra heat to the marinade chop up a seeded jalapeno pepper and toss it in.
                                Californians are wusses. Use a few habeneros.

Comment

Working...
                                X