Prostitution and Communism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flubber
    are your views destined to be inherently inconsistent?

Pretty much. Dialectics says to look at all sides of an issue. Part of the problem, of course, is that so much work is bs work. Working at Wal-Mart is generally not going to be fulfilling work, no matter how much of a drone you are. On the other hand, being a web designer is really cool cuz I get to be creative and really express myself as well as work my noodle to solve problems. A blanket statement about work in generally won't suffice for a complex and universal human phenomenon.

You might as well try to define marriage as a sacred union between a mand and a woman. Nah, I better not go there.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
      . Dialectics says to look at all sides of an issue.
      yes but in an attempt to resolve the contradictions
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Two people disagreeing is not a contradiction. A contradiction is when the same person seems to disagree with himself.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
          Two people disagreeing is not a contradiction. A contradiction is when the same person seems to disagree with himself.
          Or when an ideology cannot resolve itself on an issue. Differences of opinion are fine. Its easier to accept someone saying that a certain type of communists believe one thing while another branch believes another. Che seems to be saying that certain concepts are unresolved or remain contradictory
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

yes but in an attempt to resolve the contradictions
            Not necessarily. Mostly in trying to recognize the inherent contradictions in things in order to understand the development of the object and its future trajectory.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Not necessarily. Mostly in trying to recognize the inherent contradictions in things in order to understand the development of the object and its future trajectory.
              So you mean the third of the meanings below?? I confess that I find that you like using terms which have multiple and inconsistent meanings.

Dialectics

1.The art or practice of arriving at the truth by the exchange of logical arguments.

2. The process especially associated with Hegel of arriving at the truth by stating a thesis, developing a contradictory antithesis, and combining and resolving them into a coherent synthesis.
              Hegel's critical method for the investigation of this process.

3(a)The Marxian process of change through the conflict of opposing forces, whereby a given contradiction is characterized by a primary and a secondary aspect, the secondary succumbing to the primary, which is then transformed into an aspect of a new contradiction. Often used in the plural with a singular or plural verb.
              3(b)The Marxian critique of this process.

dialectics (used with a sing. verb)

4. A method of argument or exposition that systematically weighs contradictory facts or ideas with a view to the resolution of their real or apparent contradictions.

5. The contradiction between two conflicting forces viewed as the determining factor in their continuing interaction.

Comment

• The way that I understand it, the purpose of using dialectics in Marxism is to deal with the contradictions in economic thought as it was pre-Marxism, not in Marxism.

edit: no it's the contradictions in reality. Dialectics is a criticism of mathmatical modeling.
                Last edited by Kidlicious; June 14, 2005, 20:21.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I confess that I find that you like using terms which have multiple and inconsistent meanings.
                  Sorry, dude.

Comment

Working...
                  X