what a day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what a day

I screwed up in work big time.. Kind of embarrased and ashamed about it.. but then again not too much. I didn't know the screw up was actually a screw up so.. and it was something that can't be assumed I would have known by default, or anyone else either really. I can't tell what it is, might be confidential (woot how I like to say that! ), but I know for a fact it costed some money. BUT.. it could have costed a huge ****ing lump of money, I mean serious serious money (something my salary won't pay) if it hadn't accidentally pop up today so.. later on it would have been cosly.. very very costly. Now it was mostly frustrating for me and costed little money.

Ironic part is, they still pay my salary for todays work too . I'm going to make a report about it, and there's a big chance I'll get extra loot since I do my report on how to prevent such scerw ups happening in the future, or similiar screw ups. My report is already done, it's short and sweet and to the point, I'm sure I'll get some loot but I'm hoping for more than 100 bucks . Wish me luck..

OK, but this thread is about screw ups in jobs etc.. how did you screw up today, or lately?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Once I forgot to post my dole papers, I had to wait two extra weeks for the money

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

i checked in one batch (1000+ files 2 days work) in no not ones...and no not twice...but three times...first time wasnt my fault they send me the same papers with a different date...but the second time it was because i was just not paying attention.... so it took me a week to something wrong and then another 3 days to clean it up
      Bunnies!
      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

What's your job, Pekka?
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

mobiles. Nothing spectacular, but again, it's out of the subject zone of discussion right now. But.. I'm not a boss or anything like that.. just another knucklehead. Summer job. But important one for me. I went through all kinds of security checks for it, I won't screw it up by saying something wrong in here, since I signed all kinds of secrecy agreements that covered just about everything.
          But it's not that interesting or important so.. don't feel like you're missing out much or anything.. I did not get license to kill.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Is it a beginning of a career?
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
              Is it a beginning of a career?
              Yeah, in being vague about his job!

Comment

Maybe, I hope so. Let's just say it didn't start very well But then again you know, I think it started awesome, since I discovered a fundamental mistake. It's important people do mistakes, so it never happens again. I learned today a lesson, and I'll share that lesson with the folks who want to hear suggestions and mistakes, who make the place better. I think my suggestion will make the place better.. a little, but still. So maybe I actually saved money even though it must have costed a little. In the long run, it might actually be very good that I totally screwed up today. It's cool too, it's not like someone yelled at me or anything like that..
                In da butt.

Comment

That's indeed awesome. Sounds like you'll make a positive mark on the establishment, and that's always good.

Yeah, in being vague about his job!

urgh.NSFW

Comment

reds4ever, come on don't be a dick and make a threadjack.

I've screwed up in former jobs as well though I've worked in explosives company for one summer (I wonder how employees always trust me with their precious!?), and I came late like 2 hours. It was raining HARD.I came in with a motorcycle, so I had to stop and take cover, since it was raining extremely hard. Not to stay warm and dry, but .. well to stay alive. It lasted and lasted, so I came 2 hours late, and the boss was ready to choke me.

Well, the next week, I ran out of gas. What could I do? I called my boss 'I'm on the road...'.. he actually came and drove where I was with a canister of gas Oh man that was embarrasing for me.. he was ready to just not hear about another bike problem ever again

edit: not to mention my first day was the day after I had my b-day, when the first time I could drink legally in bars.... and of course free b-day drinks
                    In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                      reds4ever, come on don't be a dick and make a threadjack.
                      So, what DO you think of the NHL salary cap?

Comment

Once when I was a cashier I lost a $100 travelers check. I think I handed it back to the customer, while I was thinking about something else. Maybe is was the communist in me working through my subconscious.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                        X