Positive things about people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive things about people

I do not know what it is specifically that has gotten to me lately, but I have just felt more negative/cynical towards people in general the past couple of days.

Can some of you guys help me out? Share some uplifting, real stories about individual people from the past, or from our contemporary time that have accomplished something GOOD and constructive.

It can be a personal story of your own that you have shared before or would be comfortable sharing. Or it could be about a significant public figure from humanity's past or from our present.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Lots of folks from Poly built a house for some poor people in the Philippines. Zkribbler and Theben, two of the contributors, visited them with me last fall.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

And they all got along, which may or may not be positive, but is damn amazing.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Yeah, when I first learned of that project I thought it was awesome.

Do you have any memorable, uplifting story from that experience that you can post here?

Comment

Theben, did you get your video of the trip yet? Ought to be there any day now...

Comment

Positive things about people: they die, eventually.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
              Theben, did you get your video of the trip yet? Ought to be there any day now...
              Nope.
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

thanks KH

Come on Lancer -- can't you post a good story from that housing project experience?

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                  Do you have any memorable, uplifting story from that experience that you can post here?
                  The fact that Lancer wasn't really in the white slave market?

Comment

I remember the picture thread you had of the visit that Lancer spoke of -- that was an awesome thread.

Comment

"Do you have any memorable, uplifting story from that experience that you can post here?"

Yeah man, I do.

We tried to find her father in Canada 'Terry Wayne Raymond Mills'. I had a thread on the subject. Lots of people stepped up and tried and gave ideas. Even DanQ, who I thought might live near him, offered his assistance. Marcos had the threads topped, one after another. Anyway, we couldn't find Karen Mill's father. During this Derek , 'Ted Striker' now, offered to send her $200 to relieve her poverty. Well, when Karen and her mother got that money, the first serious money they ever had, they broke down in tears in relief. Ted Striker did that.

Karen and her mother, Sofronia, ate good and bought things they really needed, for the first time in Karen's life. That's Ted Striker :sniff:

Comment

that's awesome

Comment

"The fact that Lancer wasn't really in the white slave market?"

I'll link to it MrFun, I like that thread too.

Comment

Comment

52% of human beings are female. That's gotta count for something.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X