Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gov. Perry of Texas to gay veterans: Don't come home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrFun
    EDIT: I'm really, really getting tired of cross posting
    Maybe you should learn to use the quote button. Failing that, you can always hit quote for the post to which you were responding, copy the text box, and post it in your old post. I do it all the time, which is why you never see me cross-posted.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• You had your chance to avoid this fate but refused.
      i know. someone should have shot lincoln a few years earlier . . .
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by Last Conformist

And what you are interested in is relevant how?
        To how I respond to inane posts.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• I seriously don't see what's so wrong abou the statement in the OP.

A lobby of gay veterans has lobbied. It didn't impact the current policies of Texas. What I see is outrage (the Repugs don't care for our veterans!!1 ) at the fact that veterans couldn't obtain something they wanted after lobbying.

If there is tomorrow a homophobe veteran association that lobbies Massachussettes so that it bans gay marriage, and if this lobby is turned down, will you guys scream "liberals don't support the troops!!1 " ?
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Libruls aren't supposed to support the troops.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Libruls are a bunch of wine and cheese swillin' Godless French lovin' Saddam apologists.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• What's wrong with wine and cheese?
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• It suggests you've got taste, which suggests you're gay. Duh!
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Oh

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                      What's wrong with wine and cheese?
                      I am well stocked with good French wines and both French and non-French cheeses. Not to mention tons of Orangina.

Vive la France!

Comment

• While the best French wine is indeed a mighty thing to behold, the weather there is too unpriductable, and a bad year is just as likely as a good one. Italian wines are almost always better than French, except when France has a great year. This, however, is a recent phenomenon, since Italy didn't have quality appelations until the 80s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
                          I seriously don't see what's so wrong abou the statement in the OP.

A lobby of gay veterans has lobbied. It didn't impact the current policies of Texas. What I see is outrage (the Repugs don't care for our veterans!!1 ) at the fact that veterans couldn't obtain something they wanted after lobbying.

If there is tomorrow a homophobe veteran association that lobbies Massachussettes so that it bans gay marriage, and if this lobby is turned down, will you guys scream "liberals don't support the troops!!1 " ?
                          Because what gay veterans would like to have is equal rights.

Homophobic veterans are not asking for equal rights.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Maybe you should learn to use the quote button.
                            Yeah, because I have never used it in the past because I never knew about this feature, right?
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun
                              Because what gay veterans would like to have is equal rights.

Homophobic veterans are not asking for equal rights.
                              So, basically, the reason why you agree with them is because you agree with their cause, NOT because they're veterans.

I agree with their cause too. But I don't think their status as veterans gives them any special right of being more listened to than any other citizen.

The "Conservatives don't support the troops!!1" argument is off-topic at best. At worst, it's an emotional manipulation, as it surfs on America's pro-military mentality to get a message across.
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

While the best French wine is indeed a mighty thing to behold, the weather there is too unpriductable, and a bad year is just as likely as a good one. Italian wines are almost always better than French, except when France has a great year. This, however, is a recent phenomenon, since Italy didn't have quality appelations until the 80s.
                                Things are changing. Our wine industry is taking steps to produce a homogeneous taste every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X