Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gov. Perry of Texas to gay veterans: Don't come home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a d!ckhead!
    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

That's just messed up.
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

oh the infamous attack on the veterans... nothing probably could hurt the american heart more than when somebody speaks bad about veterans...

Comment

There's a suprisingly good chance that he's going down in 2006. Senator Hutchinson and possibly Comptroller Strayhorn have a pretty decent shot at beating him in the primary; and if he survives that bloody war, the Democrat Chris Bell has a fairly good shot at beating him in the general due to his general incompetence (there's a severe school funding crisis over here that Rethug gov't is perpetually unable to resolve), the DeLay factor, and possibly the alienation of the moderate Hutchinson wing of the Party (however, if Hutchinson or Strayhorn win the primary, they'll definitely win the general).
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

I think we should invade the US to free it's population.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Click here and here to find out how close the George Washington Bridge came to being blown up on 9/11 and why all evidence against those terrorists was classified. Click here to see the influence of Neocon Zionists in the USA and how they benefitted from 9/11. Remember the USS Liberty and the Lavon Affair.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo

There's a suprisingly good chance that he's going down in 2006.

Interesting phraseology in a thread about prejudice towards gay veterans...

Gosh, wasn't the same kind of prejudice expressed towards African-American veterans in and out of uniform ?
                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

There have been rumors with respect to Goodhair's sexual orienation...
                  "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                  -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber

I don't love either side

Why do you hate america?
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

Why do you hate america?
                      It's trashy.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
                        There have been rumors with respect to Goodhair's sexual orienation...

With that name, who'd be surprised.

I swear, I'm thinking gay cowboy from 'Blazing Saddles'....

Camp Cowboy happens in Austin, one of the two good-sized cities in Texas notable for its lack of a professional sports team ....
                        When you’re a child, camp—whether you like it or not—is one of those defining activities of summer. These days for millions of sports

" Hey, Hank- did you bring the margaritas ? "
                        Attached Files
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

First of all, even going back all the way to our Founding fathers, they were concerned about the tyranny of the majority. Tyranny of the majority happens when the majority rules with callous disregard for the rights of a minority.

Secondly, this stupid Texas governor has shown complete, utter disrespect to US veterans -- the same utter, complete disrespect that conservatives have whined about when it came from extreme lefties.

Now it looks like it's turned around and it's either disgusting or laughable that some conservatives can favor bigotry over respect for US veterans.
                          Gay veterans, funsies. Gay veterans. In these people's views, you're barely human - you're all evil, God-mocking sodomites. And the Founding fathers weren't over concerned with tyranny of the majority, since they reserved political power to white males. If you think you're ever going to get the Bahble Belt to go for gay marriage, civil unions, or any other form of "gay rights" you're seriously deluded, and they control enough states and enough representation in each house of Congress to kill any attempt to amend the Federal constitution.

I'm not saying it's right or justifiable, I'm saying how it is, and it ain't gonna change. If you want a hobby to beat your head against a brick wall, have at it. I'd think it would be more productive to concentrate on other states where it isn't such BS. Hell, even California just voted down gay marriage, and you think Texas is ever gonna ****in' change?

Ask yourself this: How many Texans do you think cheered Perry and support his position?
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

All gay people in the U.S. should move to one state and take over. they'd have gay congressmen and women and gay senators. They could have a gay National Guard too, and gay marriage. Watching all the Xians go bat **** might just be worth it.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Gay veterans, funsies. Gay veterans. In these people's views, you're barely human - you're all evil, God-mocking sodomites. And the Founding fathers weren't over concerned with tyranny of the majority, since they reserved political power to white males. If you think you're ever going to get the Bahble Belt to go for gay marriage, civil unions, or any other form of "gay rights" you're seriously deluded, and they control enough states and enough representation in each house of Congress to kill any attempt to amend the Federal constitution.

I'm not saying it's right or justifiable, I'm saying how it is, and it ain't gonna change. If you want a hobby to beat your head against a brick wall, have at it. I'd think it would be more productive to concentrate on other states where it isn't such BS. Hell, even California just voted down gay marriage, and you think Texas is ever gonna ****in' change?

Ask yourself this: How many Texans do you think cheered Perry and support his position?
                              The Founding fathers did have concern about tyranny of the majority though -- read some of the documents/papers written by Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and others.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

The white male majority over the white male minority.
                                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                                X